Loaded cauliflower broccoli casserole is low in carbs and is as delicious as a side dish or complete meal.
Perfect for those who want a veggie dish without all the rice and potatoes to carb it up.
One of the stress-free ways to make kid-friendly, keto/low carb dinners is casseroles (and this loaded cauliflower broccoli casserole is no exception!).
It tastes really good and is enjoyed by the whole family.
Furthermore, casseroles are a busy mom’s answer to healthy, easy, and enjoyable dinners.
They are perfect for all sorts of health-conscious eaters and the side dishes can add carbs for growing kids
Cooking Tips for the Loaded Cauliflower Broccoli Casserole Recipe
Perfect for those of you who just want a veggie dish without all the rice and potatoes to carb it up. Here are a few tips to make it perfect.
- You can include diced carrots, also, or any other hardy vegetables for example celery, that won’t fade during the baking process.
- This casserole recipe can either be made with all cauliflower or all broccoli or combination of the two.
If you are looking for a recipe to help your kids eat greens with ease, and even crave them, then give this casserole a go.
It’s healthy, flavorsome, and delicious; it will surely keep your taste buds satisfied. Give it a try and you will wonder why you haven’t tried this sooner!
Loaded Cauliflower Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 8 slices of bacon, fried crispy
- ½ large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper to taste
- ½ large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, optional
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and Monterrey jack mix
- ½ cup cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 370 ºF (190 ºC) and then, fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy and crumble. Drain from fat and set aside.
- Secondly, steam cauliflower and broccoli until soft, this takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Thirdly, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, and black pepper in a large bowl. Then, add the steamed cauliflower and broccoli florets, half of the bacon, 1 cup of the cheese mix, and half the parsley and combine well.
- After that, transfer to a baking dish lightly oiled and top with the remaining cheese, and the other half of the bacon.
- Lastly, cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or just until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
That it! Your loaded cauliflower broccoli casserole is ready, Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Other Casserole Recipes You Might Like: