Nigerian swallow presentation comes in many ways for any type of swallow . There’s no limit to the shapes and sizes you will get.
9jafoods.com is a website that is committed to promoting Nigerian foods and presentation to the world.
For this tutorial, we decided to explore and share beautiful and fun Nigerian swallow presentations.
The Nigerian Swallow Presentation
Shape 1: The roll
I have been seeing pictures of this unique method of presentation for a while. But I first saw it at Dunni of Dooney’s Kitchen where she shows step by step on how to put the roll together.
Shape 2: Croissant Design
Using the same flattening method used while rolling the eba:
- Firstly, use a large knife or pizza cutter, cut out triangles from the rectangle starting from the far edge of the rectangle.
- Then, cut a small slit in the middle of the triangle,
- Lastly, using both hands, hold on to each end of the triangle base and roll it to form a crescent.
Shape 3: Ball Pyramid / the Ice Cream Scoops
It is very easy to present, and in whatever way you end up arranging each scoop depends on how innovative you are.
Simply wet your hands and roll the swallow into small balls. You can also achieve this faster by using a scoop with a trigger.
Shape 4: Zen rocks design
This presentation was inspired by the “Zen rocks” arrangement, a symbol of calmness
- Firstly, wash your hands, and then keep it moist. Take a lump of the pounded yam and rub finely between your palms until flattened.
- Then repeat and stack each ‘rock’ on top of each other. I got this inspiration from www,naijachef.com
Shape 5: Heart-Shaped Eba
This is another fun method of presentation and connecting with kids.
- Firstly, take a lump of the eba and put it on a plate or a flat board.
- Then, dip your heart-shaped cookie cutter in cold water and press the cookie cutter through the eba.
- Lastly, take a knife and scrape all around the cookie cutter and over the top. Any cookie cutter works.
Shape 6: The Wrap
This is a common method and done in 3 simple steps:
- Firstly, pile the pounded yam unto a piece of cling wrap or nylon.
- After that, grab the ends of the cling wrap or nylon and wrap tightly, twirling till there are no air pockets and the eba is wrapped tightly.
- Lastly, remove the nylon back and you should have the natural lines on the pounded yam.
Shape 7: Eba pie and Ogbono soup