Fruit Skewers is a colorful arrangement of fresh fruits on sticks that are served as a dessert or a party appetizer. You can use whatever fruit that is in season.
Another name for fruit skewers is fruit kebabs or simply fruit on a stick. Serve it on a platter with dipping sauce or drizzled with chocolate. It also goes well with grilled fish.
Please Read: Fruits for Weight Loss – Best Top 5
Fruit for skewers is a fun, refreshing and healthy treat; on the other hand, it is a great way to encourage kids’ creativity.
These vitamin-packed small fruit kebab sticks are an exciting way of introducing more fruits to them especially for those that are too picky in eating fruits.
You can alternate new fruits, alongside familiar ones to introduce new flavors and textures in a relaxed manner.
Fruit kebab skewers for children’s party are equally a good idea while getting them involved in making these recipes with fruit skewers sticks.
Above all, prepare a pile of fruit, provide some kebabs and let the party begin!
Fruit Skewers Recipe: How to Make Fruit Kebabs
Super easy to make! The following are my favorite fruits for easy fruit kebabs. I change them up all the time depending on what’s in season.
This recipe makes 1 skewer per serve.
To keep to a rainbow theme, you can swap for these fruits:
- Red – watermelon, raspberries, strawberries, grape
- Orange – rock melon, mandarin, apricot, tangerine
- Yellow – pineapple, peach, mango, banana
- Green – green grapes, honeydew melon, kiwi, guava
- Blue/Purple – blueberries, plum
- Coconut chaff (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Firstly, wash, peel and cut the fruits into medium pieces.
- Then, thread them on the skewers, alternating the colors for a nice rainbow look.
- After that, take 7 wooden skewers and thread the following fruits one after the other.
- These include: 1 raspberry, 1 hulled strawberry, 1 tangerine segment, 1 cube of peeled banana/mango, 1 chunk of peeled pineapple, also 1 chunk of peeled kiwi, 1 green and 1 red grape, and finish off with 2 blueberries.
- Lastly, arrange in a rainbow shape and rub some honey on the fruits and sprinkle coconut chaff.