How to Make Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Grilled cheese sandwiches are simple, and so delicious, laden with oozy, melted cheese, buttery bread crisped to excellence, the grilled cheese sandwich is a staple that never gets old.
These sandwiches come to your rescue on days when you’re too busy or very tired to cook or you need a hit of comfort food.
Cheese sandwich recipe is a simple and basic sandwich made by placing the cheese in between two buttered slices of bread.
These are either grilled or toasted with grilled cheese sandwich toaster or maker.
There are so many varieties of cheese sandwiches across the world with varying ingredients.
Cheaper and quicker than take-out pizza, it offers the same gooey, crispy goodness in an easy-to-eat package.
Nothing is more comforting than a hot, melty grilled cheese sandwich.
Grilled cheese and tomato soup is a combo made in heaven and kids’ favorite.
It’s the perfect easy lunch recipe and great for even the pickiest of eaters.
The best-grilled cheese always starts with sturdy bread, lots of cheese and a smear of … mayonnaise on the outside!
As long as you’ve got bread and a generous amount of cheese, you’ve got the basis for the best-grilled cheese sandwich.
However, I firmly believe that the grilled cheese sandwich should stay a simple meal. Over-complicating it just seems silly
Cheese Grilled Sandwiches Recipe: How to Make
Everything you ever wanted to know about making a grilled cheese sandwich! Mayo or butter? Open-faced or closed? With the lid on or off? There’s more to a good grilled cheese than you might think!
What is the Best Cheese for Grilled Cheese?
Grilled cheese sandwiches are not the place for cheese judgment. Anything goes!
Not only is it the ultimate union of bread and cheese, crunch and melt, but it’s also one of the simplest, easiest meals ever.
It’s one of the first foods many of us learn to cook by ourselves
Best Bread for Grilled Cheese
Bread is the basic ingredient in making grilled cheese!
Use whatever bread you love, but make sure it is sturdy enough to hold the cheese in.
How to Make Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 slices white bread or sourdough
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 Oz cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar optional
- Firstly, preheat a small skillet over low heat.
- Secondly, spread mayonnaise over one side of each piece of bread and place mayonnaise side down in the skillet.
- Thirdly, top with cheddar cheese slices, black pepper to taste and remaining slice of bread, mayonnaise side out.
- Lastly, grill until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until golden.
Optional: Just before serving, add the shredded cheddar directly to the outside of the sandwich and grill an additional minute or so until it gets crispy.
Nutrition Information: Grilled Cheese Sandwich Calories
Calories: 490, Fat: 33 g, Saturated Fat: 15 g, Cholesterol: 74 mg, Sodium: 739 mg, Potassium: 113 mg, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3 g, Protein: 20 g, Vitamin A: 655%, Calcium: 600%, Iron: 2.2%
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
These Creative Grilled Cheese Sandwiches will show you how to make an award-winning classic grilled cheese recipe up a notch or make something else entirely:
- Chicken Alfredo Grilled Cheese
- Avocado and Medium Boiled Egg Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Macaroni and Cheese Sandwich
Variations- Grilled cheese sandwiches Ideas
Ingredients like vegetables, cooked meat, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, and even mayonnaise are used in some variations.
For more variations, please check:
- Cheese veg sandwich
- Grilled cheese omelet sandwich
- Cheese corn sandwich
- Grilled cheese tomato sandwich
- Capsicum cheese toast sandwich
- Cheese chocolate sandwich
- Cream cheese corn sandwich
- Cheese mushroom sandwich
Other variations include:
- Firstly, olive Oil Grilled Cheese: Replace the butter with olive oil.
- Grilled Cheese with Frozen Bread in the oven or microwave: If you keep your bread frozen, partially toast it before assembling the grilled cheese.
- Ham & Cheese: A timeless combo. I recommend cutting the ham into small squares before mixing it with the cheese-This makes the sandwich easier to eat.
- Bacon & Cheese: Same as Ham & Cheese, but…with bacon. Also, try this with some chopped tomato.
- Lastly, Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese: Along with the cheese, add some caramelized onions.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich near Me
Find your favorite grilled cheese sandwich delivery near you. Browse menus from your favorite local restaurants. Select what you want to eat. Get the door and enjoy your food!
- La Mango Restaurant and Lounge Ikeja GRA
- Lounge 38
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Cactus Restaurant
- Bungalow Restaurant Ikeja
- Smokey Bones Restaurant, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Burgers N Shakes
- Craft Gourmet By Lou Baker
- Grind Grill Cafe