Blueberry spinach smoothie is a breakfast that you can easily whip up and consume quicker than a bowl of cereal.
This fruity, filling and super food smoothie is full of antioxidants and a power-packed breakfast.
It is also a healthy smoothie to get you and your family on a healthier path nutritionally
Including 5+ vegetable and fruit servings a day is a great foundation for your daily eating habits.
Please read: Weight Gain Breakfast: Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
Getting that many servings could be a challenge sometimes especially struggling with a preschooler to eat that volume of fresh fruit and vegetables.
But there are tricks though; smoothies are an excellent trick to consuming greater quantities of the foods that are great for our bodies with minimal difficulty.
Hence, you can get kids going with green smoothies for goodness!
Benefits of a Spinach Blueberry Smoothie
The basics of green smoothies consist of one part greens, one part fruit, and one part water.
Spinach blueberry smoothie will help you boost energy and vitality, lose weight, and keep your skin youthful and glowing! It is filled with health benefits thanks to its powerhouse ingredients.
Spinach is a super food. The calcium in spinach can help strengthen your bones to fight against injury, and vitamins a and c, fiber, folic acid, and other nutrients that fight against colon and breast cancers.
It also helps to lower damaging protein levels in the blood and can protect against high blood pressure and heart disease.
Spinach also contains two important cancer fighting compounds known as MGDG and SQDG which have been found to inhibit tumor growth.
The good news is since this green has a subtle flavor that is overpowered by fruit, you can easily combine it in almost any smoothie.
Blueberries are the king of antioxidant foods. Making one simple change to your diet by adding blueberries could have a significant impact on your health.
It helps with cardiovascular health, cancer prevention, and brainpower.
In addition to polyphenols, blueberries are an excellent source of vitamins k and c, manganese, and fiber.
The antioxidants found in blueberries are known as anthocyanins, a type of flavonol.
Studies found anthocyanins to have powerful disease protective properties and have been shown to improve brain health 4
Liquid options – water is completely acceptable by itself in a green smoothie.
But if you want something more sensational try:
Almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk, coconut water, dairy milk (or any combination of one of those topped up with water) – or anything similar to what you think would work.
Spinach Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe banana (sliced and frozen will make it extra creamy)
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 large frozen strawberries
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (dairy, coconut, soy, almond)
- 2 teaspoons protein powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of honey, or to taste
- Firstly, add the spinach and milk to a blender cover with the lid, and whirl until smooth.
- Then, add the remaining ingredients and blend on high speed for 30 seconds – 1 minute until all ingredients are well blended.
- After that, add some more milk if needed to reach the desired consistency and taste for sweetness, adjusting as necessary.
- Lastly, serve immediately. That’s it and this shouldn’t take more than two minutes, enjoy!