Honey garlic chicken is the perfect meal to have when you feel like eating something sweet with a hint of savory.
Honey is a healthy natural sweetener and goes perfectly with chicken. This recipe is a sweet tooth’s delight and will have your family asking for more.
Whether you prepare it in a pan /crock pot /instant pot or slow cooker, honey garlic chicken is a super-simple epic 20-minute dinner with a 5 ingredient sauce.
It is even faster than takeout if you take into account the time it takes to drive to the restaurant, wait for the food and then drive home again.
An easy weeknight dinner, with practically zero effort to prepare, it doesn’t get any better than this!
Read Also: Oven Baked Chicken Breast
Honey and garlic chicken is made using a juicy seared chicken thigh/breast with the most incredible honey garlic sauce
To make a complete meal, just add some steamed rice and a veggie.
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken – Recipe
- 1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tbsps. Olive oil
- 3 tbsps. Minced garlic
- 2 tbsps. Sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp. Toasted sesame seeds
Honey garlic sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
Honey and garlic sauce
- Firstly, whisk together honey, olive oil, light soy sauce, and hoisin sauce in a small bowl. Set aside for later use.
Honey garlic chicken
- Before anything else cut the boneless, skinless chicken breasts into pieces. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Secondly, put the chicken pieces in a gallon-sized plastic bag. Mix with the flour, close the top of the bag, and shake to coat evenly.
- After that, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the flour-coated chicken. Then, cook for about three minutes, flip the pieces over and cook for another three minutes.
- Fourthly, add the minced garlic, stir and cook for two minutes.
- Then, turn the heat down to medium before adding the honey garlic sauce. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Honey and Garlic Chicken Recipe FAQs
What can i season my chicken with?
Choose one of the following to sprinkle over your chicken: cayenne, garlic, lemon-pepper, pepper, rosemary, salt, or thyme. This is also great for grilled or baked chicken.
Must i use chicken breasts for this recipe?
The recipe basic ingredient is chicken breasts but chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins will work as well.
Why are the chicken breasts cut into small pieces before cooking?
Chicken breasts are cut into pieces in this recipe for faster cooking.
What else can I add to this Recipe?
Add cut-up cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, peppers, or peas.
My sauce is a bit watery. What should i do?
Mix one tablespoon of cornstarch into two tablespoons of cold water if you want a thicker sauce. Stir the mixture into the sauce.
My honey garlic sauce is very thick? What should i do?
Add a little water at a time until it reaches the consistency you prefer if you want a thinner sauce.
How do you make honey garlic chicken recipe gluten-free?
To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free flour or cornstarch instead of the flour or avoid the flour coating and thicken the sauce with cornstarch as mentioned above.
Besides, use gluten-free, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and sesame seeds.