Chicken Shawarma: How To Make Nigerian Chicken Shawarma
Shawarma is a traditional Arabian street healthy meal, widely known around the globe. Nigerians love eating shawarma, generally prepared from veal, turkey, chicken, beef, lamb, or a combination of these meats. That is the reason we have various types of shawarma namely, Chicken shawarma, fish shawarma, beef shawarma, e.t.c, and each type comes with its own distinctive taste.
However, today we are going to share one of the most popular shawarma recipes in Nigeria. We are going to make chicken shawarma. It is good to learn how to make your own homemade chicken shawarma from the comfort of your kitchen.
Also Read: Sweet Sausage Rolls
Chicken Shawarma is like the best on the go meal. A balanced meal that is rich in potassium, proteins, vitamin A, vitamin B6, sodium, vitamin C, magnesium, thiamine, iron, calcium, niacin, iron, and dietary fiber. It contains also some amounts of cholesterol, carbohydrates, fats, and sugar. When you eat chicken shawarma, you know you are eating a healthy meal.
CHICKEN SHAWARMA RECIPE
If you follow this method, you will find out that it is as simple as ABC
- 2 Chicken breasts (deboned)
- 2 Chicken laps/thighs (deboned)
- 6 Shawarma bread (pita/ flour or wheat tortilla wraps)
- 1 small sized cabbage
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 big fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized onions
- Mayonnaise or salad cream
- 2 tablespoon vegetable/olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoon curry
- 2 teaspoon minced onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large stock cube(crushed into powder)
- ½ a teaspoon of black pepper
- Chilli pepper(optional)
- Salt to taste
- First of all, wash and cut the vegetables (the carrots and cabbage) into thin strips. Cut the cucumber in a circular shape and put aside,
- Secondly, cut the chicken into thin strips and put aside,
- Thirdly and most importantly, put the chicken strips in a bowl and add the thyme, curry, stock cube, minced onions, garlic, and black pepper to your taste preference. Mix very well and keep in the fridge for 2 or extra hours. The longer the chicken stays in the fridge to soak up the ingredients the better it tastes.
- Then, heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the chicken with a small salt depending on your taste. Stir fry until it is juicy brown. Scoop into a plate and put aside.
- Afterward, mix up some mayonnaise/salad cream and ketchup together
- Now, spread the mayonnaise and ketchup mixture on the shawarma bread and fill up with the sliced vegetables, meat and sprinkle with some chilli pepper.
- Gently fold the bread, tuck in the edge and roll to form a shawarma wrap.
- Finally, place the wrap in the oven or sandwich maker and let it grill for 5 minutes, or place the wrap in a dry frying pan and let it heat up for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
3 thoughts on “Chicken Shawarma: How To Make Nigerian Chicken Shawarma”
Pingback: Sweet Potato Casserole - Tasty Fiesta - 9jafoods
Pingback: Cupcakes: Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe - 9jafoods
Pingback: Honey Garlic Chicken – How to Make From Scratch - 9jafoods