Pancake breakfast meal actually is a worldwide morning food. Called diet in Nigeria, these delicious and soft snacks are really easy to make. The name diet suits it because it is actually a balanced meal. Pancakes contain little amount of protein, carbohydrate, vitamins, fat and oil. It contains more nutrients when compared to other simple Nigerian snacks. Pancake breakfast meal can be enjoyed at work during lunch and as s dessert.
Read Also; HOW TO MAKE PERFECT OGI, AKAMU OR PAP
Pancake breakfast recipe is easy to adapt or add to with ease. This recipe is quick to make, and everything needed to make delicious pancakes already sits in my kitchen. Now let’s get started!
- 11/2 cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 11/2 cups full cream milk
- 2 large egg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
PANCAKE BREAKFAST RECIPE:
The Dry Ingredients
- Flour: Use whole wheat or all-purpose flour. I used all purpose flour. Mixing both is nice, too.
- Sugar: Granulated or brown sugar. I used granulated.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder makes the pancakes so fluffy and light
- Salt: I used 1/2 teaspoon of salt. It balances the sugar nicely.
The Wet Ingredients
- Milk: I used full cream milk
- Melted Butter:You can’t beat the taste of butter for this
- Eggs: The eggs add structure and help with how light and fluffy the pancakes become.
- Vanilla Extract: Though optional but it adds sweetness and depth of flavor.
Over-mixing pancake batter is a common error- it makes them thick and plane, not fluffy and light. To avoid this, mix dry and wet ingredients one by one at first then combine just before cooking.
- First of all, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- In a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Secondly, break the eggs into a wide bowl; add the melted butter, vanilla extract, Milk, and sugar; (mix) together using a whisk.
- Slowly add the flour and keep on turning. The mixture would begin to stiffen and look uneven.
- Then, steadily add the water and stir thoroughly to give a smooth runny consistency(at times like this a blender would definitely come in handy especially if you do not trust your stirring skills or running late). Put the mixture aside.
- After that, apply a little oil on the frying pan (preferable a non-stick pan), spread the oil with a brush to lubricate the pan and heat up until hot.
- Then use a serving spoon to scoop up some of the pancake batter and pour into the hot pan. Slowly tilt the pan, so that the batter spreads evenly across the surface of the pan.
- Cook one side of the Pancake for 30 seconds, tilting and shaking the pan from time to time, then flip over and cook the other side.
- Finally, repeat this process for the remaining pancake batter. Serve hot and Enjoy!