Oven Baked Salmon is my best food for Easter Sunday and I like cooking it with fresh salmon. I couldn’t think of any better salmon dish recipe during this Easter Sunday celebration than my all-time favorite baked salmon fish.
Please Read: Easter Weekend 2019 Special: Tumeric Rice
When am in search of a nutritious entree, baked salmon is one of my top choices. Salmon fish has protein and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Oven baked Salmon will as always fit into any occasion.
Read Also: Good Friday Meal: Nigerian Frejon Recipe
Salmon can be prepared in different ways. We have the baked salmon, roasted salmon, broiled salmon, smoked salmon, grilled salmon, poached salmon, pan-fried salmon, stir-fried salmon, maple glazed salmon and salmon cooked en papillote’(baked salmon in foil), etc.
Oven Baked Salmon Recipe
- 2 pounds Salmon fillets
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Minced garlic
- Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ -1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh parsley, basil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon or more lemon juice
What Temp To Bake Salmon? / How Long To Cook Salmon
Bake at 450°F until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 140°F. You can also test for checking when the fish flakes easily with a fork. Or double check with a thermometer.
How to Bake Salmon
- The easiest way to cook salmon is in a baking dish in the oven which is my favorite way to prepare it. This oven baked fish causes the least mess.
- Don’t forget to always remove the pin bones from your salmon fillet, as they can become a choking hazard. Sometimes the fish seller has already removed the bones from the salmon if not using tweezers is a good alternative.
- Pat salmon dry. Place in a greased. baking dish. Line the baking sheet with foil or baking paper. Brush with butter.
- The foil locks in moisture and ensures that your piece of salmon turns out flaky, moist, and tender every single time. Also, it acts as a flavor incubator. Whatever ingredients you place with the fish in the foil infuse their way into every spicy bite.
- Next,combine the remaining ingredients (I like a mixture of garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper.) and pour over salmon.
- Then, bake at 450°F for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- finally, remove the pan from the oven and transfer the salmon to a clean serving plate. Then sprinkle each filet with a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Serve warm and enjoy!