Fried Chicken: How to Make Tasty Fried Chicken
Fried chicken is extremely easy to make and full of flavor.
Nigerians and some Africans fry their chicken differently when compared to the typical Western method.
In Nigeria, the chicken is fried without all the accompanying fanfare of flour, bread crumbs, etc like the Kentucky fried chicken
It’s simply boiled with spices and seasonings and then deep-fried.
The holidays have begun! You can feel the festive atmosphere everywhere!
With the sound of Jingle Bells, New Year discounts, and sales at every shop, you cannot help but notice the change.
Notwithstanding all the commitments, we still managed to take our children and friends to the mall to spend some time together.
Taking pictures next to the giant Christmas tree and golden chariot with a lot of store-bought gifts is a must!
And of course, the kids didn’t forget to visit Kentucky fried chicken (KFC) for their favorite chicken fried rice!
However, if there’s any recipe most people crave and would like to prepare, it would be KFC’s delicious, tasty, crispy chicken.
This crispy chicken is, however, simple to make at home and the ingredients are accessible.
Nigerian Fried Chicken Recipe: How to Prepare at Home
To make this recipe, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 kg of ‘Nigerian’ chicken cut into small/ medium pieces (thighs, wings, breast, and drumsticks)
- 2 bouillon or Maggi cubes
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon Thyme leaves (Fresh or dried)
- ½ teaspoon Chili pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon white or black pepper (or both)
- ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- ½ cup of water
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Firstly, add the chicken to a pot with all the spices and seasonings (pepper, curry, onions, garlic, ginger, bouillon cube, etc.)
- Secondly, add the water and salt, and then bring it to a boil for about 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Thirdly, remove the chicken and set it aside after 20 minutes,
- Lastly, heat the vegetable oil on medium heat and fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Then, drain the chicken with paper towels. Serve immediately and enjoy with fried rice, sauce/stew alone, or with any preference of food choice.
Fried Chicken near Me in Lagos, Nigeria
- Firstly, Taste Fried Chicken
- Secondly, Southern Fried Chicken
- Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria
- Korean fried chicken
For a healthier version you can bake/oven fry the chicken for 30 minutes.
People also ask
How can I make fried rice taste better?
Fried rice tastes best when it is seasoned with a few different ingredients. Soy sauce, oyster sauce, and fish sauce are the most crucial sauces to include in fried rice.
All three give the rice a distinctive flavor, but it’s possible to go overboard. Make sure to add only small amounts of each, and check the rice frequently.
How can fried rice mimic restaurant flavor?
Using leftover rice is the sole trick to preparing wonderful fried rice that tastes exactly as it was made for you by your favorite Chinese restaurant.
Although you can certainly use freshly cooked rice, you’ll achieve far better results if you start with rice that is at least a day old.
What are the ingredients to make fried rice?
Ingredients for fried rice
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 Tbs sesame oil.
- 1 small white onion chopped.
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots thawed.
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce more or less to taste.
- 2 eggs lightly beaten.
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions optional.
How do you make Chinese special fried rice?
- Firstly, heat the sesame oil and vegetable in a wok or large frying pan until very hot. Then, add the ginger and garlic and cook briefly, stirring all the time.
- After that, add the chilled rice. And then, beat the eggs together and add them to the pan
- Thirdly, add the peas, ham, and chicken to the wok and warm through
- Finally, put the fried rice in a bowl and serve
What type of oil is used in Chinese fried rice?
This is what? For fried rice to have an authentic Asian flavor, the oil selection is crucial. Vegetable oils like peanuts and palm oil are suitable for stir-frying.
They have a high smoking point that makes them excellent for stir-frying and a bland flavor that won’t interfere with the fried rice’s flavor.
The best rice for fried rice is what?
Long-grain rice is ideal for fried rice because it contains less starch. Every time you use long-grain rice, like jasmine, the rice will be fluffy and soft.
Fried rice cannot be made with other types of rice, such as short-grain sushi rice. The fried rice would get clumpy and practically sticky as a result.
Why is the fried rice at restaurants so good?
With the long grain, there is less clinging and clumping. Freshly prepared rice that has been cooked with a little less water to make it less sticky is used in restaurant fried rice.
How long should rice dry before frying?
Before using the rice for fried rice, refrigerate it, uncovered, for at least 30 minutes (overnight is preferable).
What to Serve with Fried Rice
- Fried Egg. Okay, let’s start this list with the simplest one: top your fried rice with a fried egg
- Egg Drop Soup. Egg drop soup is a staple in Chinese cuisine
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Hot and Sour Soup
- Sesame Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- Chinese Broccoli
- Sweet and Sour Pork
Is fried rice nutritious? Is fried rice healthy?
The flavor of fried rice is very distinctive, yet I believe it may be made without frying. Additionally, you can use any cooked brown rice that is left over from past meals in this recipe.
This recipe is a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and healthy fiber, protein, good fat, and excellent carbs.
2 thoughts on “Fried Chicken: How to Make Tasty Fried Chicken”
Pingback: Oven Fried Chicken Recipe | Best Baked Fried Chicken - 9jafoods
Pingback: Brined Chicken Thighs for Perfect Chicken Every Time - 9jafoods