Chicken pasta recipes are prepared with the ingredients you see in Nigerian markets and food stores all over the world.
Pasta is a great meal to have on your weekly menu as it is easy to make and the yummy feel of the pasta on your tongue will get you hooked.
From spaghetti to macaroni, pasta competes favorably with rice and is quickly becoming one of the staple foods in Nigeria.
Though it only came into existence just some few years back, more and more flour mill factories are being set up with the continuous rise in the consumption of pasta.
In this post, we’re going to be sharing three exciting chicken and pasta recipes that are easy to prepare, classy and delicious.
Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cajun pasta is made of creamy Alfredo sauce that is perfected with a spicy kick of the chicken breast and pasta.
Then topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, refreshing tomato chunks and plenty of fresh, colorful veggies with cajun seasoning.
The flavor combination is just perfect, and you can make it right at home in just 30 minutes or less.
- Spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti Bolognese is one of the best chicken and pasta recipes and Nigerian spaghetti recipes favorite. It originates from the Italian cuisine culture.
This fast-track quick & easy spaghetti Bolognese recipe uses a meat sauce that’s bursting with Italian flavor and cooks in just 30 minutes!
Dig in and enjoy this foreign cuisine in the comfort of your home!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 5 large Roma tomatoes crushed or pureed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 handful fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ pound spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese for serving-optional
- Firstly, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and fry another minute.
- Then, add the ground beef; fry until fully cooked and no pink shows at all in the meat (about 8 minutes). Then, add the oregano and tomato paste and mix with the meat.
- After that, add the tomatoes, parsley, and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for at least 15 minutes (you can cook longer for a deeper flavor).
- Before now, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Lastly, drain and serve topped with the sauce and cheese (if using).
- Stir-Fry Chicken Spaghetti
This Jollof pasta (spaghetti) w chicken recipe is probably more common in Nigeria. as it is prepared just about the same way you will prepare stir-fry rice.
Stir fry chicken (washed and drained)
one green bell pepper (sliced)
1 red bell pepper (sliced)
one onion (sliced)
1 tsp. Ginger (chopped)
One tsp. Garlic (chopped)
¼ cup chicken stock
1 seasoning cube
one tsp. Salt
1 tablespoon of curry powder
one tsp. Thyme
2 tablespoons shito
½ pack of thin spaghetti
3 tbsps. Vegetable oil
- Firstly, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Secondly, add onion, ginger, and garlic and stir fry on high heat for about 2 minutes. Then, add half a seasoning cube, curry, and thyme.
- After that, add the green and red peppers and stir fry for 2 minutes. While stir-frying, on another hob, place a pot of water add one salt and a few drops of vegetable oil and allow boiling while you are busy with the stir fry.
- Then, transfer the vegetables (pepper) to a plate, and in that same pan add the stir fry chicken.
- After that, add your spaghetti to the pot of boiling water and start cooking.
- Then, add salt and half seasoning cube to the chicken and keep stir-frying for about 5-7 minutes, till the chicken is cooked.
- Now add the previously set aside vegetable back to the pan of chicken and combine, add two tbsps. Of shito and mix as well, also add the chicken stock.
- Before now, it should take about 6 minutes to parboil your spaghetti – the time it takes for the chicken to stir fry. Drain the spaghetti and transfer it to the stir-fry pan.
- Lastly, combine everything and allow stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Your stir fry chicken spaghetti is ready. Enjoy!
Spaghetti vs. Macaroni-Any Difference?
Macaroni and spaghetti have different names with different shapes made out of the same dough of wheat flour and water.
Macaroni is short and thick with a tubular shape (cylindrical actually) while Spaghetti looks more like Chinese noodles as they are thin and long (almost 20 inches)
Both categorize under the same food pasta are cooked by boiling.