Fufu and Light Soup: How to Make Ghanaian Fufu Soup Recipe
· How to Make Fufu and Light Soup
The light soup and fufu recipe is a classic Ghanaian dish; Ghana light soup is an easy but delicious soup popularly eaten in the country.
For those of us who do not know, West Africans eat soup in a different way from most parts of the world.
African soups are eaten with starchy meals like pasta, yam, rice, and swallow (fufu, pounded yam, eba, banku, amala, etc.) rather than eaten as a standalone.
Nevertheless, the most popular Fufu dishes In Ghana are Fufu with Palm Nut Soup, Fufu and egusi, Fufu with Groundnut Soup, and Fufu with Light Soup.
To be more precise, each Fufu meal is truly categorized with the soup it’s been paired with.
Hence, Ghanaian light soup is an outstanding complement to any of the starchy mains (fufu) mentioned above.
Light Soup with Fufu
Light soup and fufu is a typical Sunday afternoon meal, commonly followed by a nap
It’s an enjoyable meal that you won’t want to miss out on when it comes to Ghanaian cuisine.
Ghanaian Light Soup
The light soup is tomatoes based with proteins like sea fish, goat meat, lamb meat, chicken, beef, or pork meat that can be added while preparing this light soup.
Ultimately in Ghana, fufu is made by mixing unripe plantains and cassava into a dough that is commonly referred to as a swallow African meal.
The dough is then formed into a ball by hand and eaten with a special soup or sauce.
It’s not only easy to make, but it also pairs nicely with a wide range of meals like fufu, rice, yam, banku, kenkey, and konkonte. Moreover, you may add boiling okro to it.
Ghanaian Light Soup Recipe Ingredients
- Fresh tomatoes
- Beef (Goat meat, Chicken, Lamb meat)
- Tin tomato paste
- Chili peppers
- Fresh fish (tilapia or catfish)
- Seasoning cube and spice
- bay leaf
- Ginger and garlic
- 4 pcs Okro
- Unripe plantain
- Fresh Cassava
- Firstly, clean your fish by removing the gills and insides, then rinse them in clean water and lay them aside. After that, wash the meat and keep it aside.
- Then, combine the ginger, garlic, onion, seasoning cube, salt, and spices. Scoop some of the mixtures into the fish, cover it, and leave it over to marinade.
- After that, pour the remaining minced garlic and ginger mixture into a pot with the meat. Add the tomato paste in a can, salt, and bay leaf. Add additional water if necessary.
- Thirdly, wash your tomatoes, onions, and peppers, and remove the pepper stem and onion head scraps.
- Afterward, combine fresh tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a clean pot. Add 1 cup of water, then bring to a boil.
- The fresh tomatoes, peppers, and onions should then be taken off the fire and blended. Make sure you don’t throw away the tomato-boiled water; instead, use it to puree the tomatoes or add extra water to the meat.
- Lastly, once the soup has simmered for about 15 minutes over low heat, add the fresh fish. Clean your okra/okro and add it to the cooking pot. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Sieve the soup if you’d like it to have a clear, light appearance; otherwise, skip the step.
Light soup is ready to be served
How to Make Ghana Fufu Meal ~ How to prepare fufu – Fufu and Light Soup Recipe
On a similar note, fresh cassava tubers can be substituted with cassava flour.
- Firstly, peel the skin of your cassava tuber and plantains and then boil for about 25 to 30 minutes to tender.
- Then, use a mortar and pestle which is the main instrument for traditional pounding, or use a Yam pounder machine to pound it.
- Finally, start with the plantain, after that add the cassava, sprinkle some water as you pound for stress-free pounding until a smooth paste is attained; Your even fufu is ready.
Serve your delicious Fufu with Light soup.
Fufu soup recipe Ghana ~ what is fufu soup made of?
What is fufu exactly? Cassava, sometimes referred to as yuca, is the primary ingredient in foofoo.
It is a starchy root vegetable, much like yams, russet potatoes, and sweet potatoes.
It can be cooked like potatoes – fried, baked, and otherwise – but when converted into fufu, it takes on a particularly smooth, doughy, and elastic texture.
Fufu with chicken soup ~ what does fufu pair with?
Fufu is an exceptional addition to any soup or stew, particularly those of West African descent, for example, light soup (nkrakra), groundnut soup (nkate nkwan), palm nut soup (abenkwan), green vegetable soup (abun abun), egusi soup, and others
What is fufu made of?
It is made up of starchy items like cassava, yams, or plantains that have been boiled, mashed, and formed into balls; the pounding procedure, which frequently uses a mortar and pestle, can be time-consuming.
Fufu is frequently served with stews of meat, fish, or vegetables or dipped into sauces.
Fufu with soup ingredients
Depending on the area, the ingredients can vary, although plantains, yams, and cassava are frequently used.
10 Fufu and Soup restaurant near Me in Lagos, Nigeria
- African Kitchen
- Afro Dish Restaurant
- Kitchen Afrikana
- Tilapia & tinz African Signature Restaurant.
- Tpot Restaurant, Ilupeju
- Africana Restaurant
- Ijelicious kitchen
- Wasiu Yusuf Amala Joint Eba And Fufu