Goron Tula Health Benefits as identified by the research are many.
Goron Tula (Hausa) is a wonderful fruit used to treat infertility due to its ability to improve lubrication, cleanse the body system, and increase body function and there is evidence of effective use.
Related >>> 15 Health Benefits of Goron Tula Fertility Fruit
The Goron Tula fruits are seen mostly in Northern Nigeria, and the name “Tula” is found in the local name of Gombe province (Tula Kaltungo), where it is widely grown.
Goron Tula Health Benefits: Scientific Name
The botanical name is Azanza garckeana while the English name is Snot Apple or African chewing gum.
It is widely sold in African countries for example Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Nigeria, etc.
What is Goron Tula?
Goron Tula is a conversational name for Azanza garckeana in Nigeria.
The fruit is a specie of 13 flowering shrubs in the Hibiscus family and it is also known as:
Tree hibiscus, Thespesia, silky kola, snot apple, wild hibiscus, and African chewing gum.
It is a home-grown fruit tree species that are semi-domesticated by the people of Tula in Gombe state.
Also, Read >>> Goron Tula Fruit: 25 Questions People Asked and the Answers
It is also an essential traditional source of food in Tula and a key component of Kayan Mata
Goron Tula pulp and seed is a vital source of phytochemical and mineral components such as:
Ascorbic acid, Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, Sodium, Iron, Phosphorus, crude fiber, Carotenoids, Tannins, Saponins, Alkaloids, Flavonoids, Phenols, C. glucosides, and Xanthone.
Hauwa @jaaruma_empire brought Goron Tula to the limelight and made it what it is today in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
She studied Azanza Garckeana for years, sent it out for trials in 36 states before finally releasing it formally to the general public. Goron Tula has been tested and trusted.
Goron Tula (Azanza Garckeana) Fruit Description
The fruit has a sweet, chewy taste, and is generally called “African chewing gum.”
Goron Tula is a semi-deciduous tree, growing to a height of 10 feet [10 m], with a round crown.
The young branches have tender shaggy hairs, changing from smoother to grey and brown, as they grow; the older branches and stems have rough, longitudinally cracked bark.
The great nutritional value of this plant goron Tula makes it an important herb that is conventionally used in herbal medicine to treat or manage human diseases, ailments, and health conditions in Tropical Africa especially Nigeria.
However, the text does not comment on the origin of the tree and its species. But it is about the health benefits that the fruit gives everyone who eats it.
Biologists researchers state that only about 1 percent of the plants in the rain forest have been studied for their medicinal properties.
Nevertheless, this article is not about the origin of the tree and its species. But about the health benefits that the fruit offers to everyone who eats it.
The fruit can be eaten alone or used as a food additive added to soup, porridge, jelly, or syrup.
But most people consume the fruit for its many health benefits, especially concerning masculinity/femininity
Goron Tula is growing in fame and this is because of its benefits which have been recognized by researches which were quoted in this article.
In reality, the fruit is called “miracle fruit” because of its many benefits. Even Miss Chidera Ezenwafor, a nutritionist at Daily Trust quoted the same
Before going into the Epic Goron Tula Health Benefits, let’s take a closer look at the nutritional and phytochemical composition of this amazing fruit.
Nutritional Composition of Goron Tula
Based on a 2015 study that examined the nutritional and phytochemical properties of Goron Tula, it was found that the plant is an excellent source of proteins, minerals, fiber, vitamins.
The phytochemical composition of Azanza garckeana seed was also found to be (3.70%) Alkaloids, (0.22%) Tannin, (1.72%) Saponin, (1.00%) Flavonoids, (2.60%) Phenols, (0.33 ug/g) Cyanogenic glucosides, and (3.40%) Carotenoids.
Another study also found terpenes, crude proteins, vitamin A, B1, B2, C, and E in the fruits and leaves.
What are the benefits offered by consuming gorontula? – Epic Goron Tula Health Benefits
The Goron Tula plant is used as a remedy for diseases such as coughs, menstruation irregularities, chest pain, infections, infertility, and liver failure.
- It Detoxifies the Body
- Silky Kola helps to detoxify the body, eliminating antibodies. This is because it contains carotenoids, which are a type of antioxidant. This also keeps the liver healthy and helps eliminate toxins.
- Can Goron Tula Cause Cancer? No, rather Goron Tula Fights Cancer. Eating Goron Tula also helps to prevent and fight cancer. This is as a result of carotenoids fighting off free radicals in the body that attack cells and turn them cancerous. By consuming Goron Tula, you can prevent cancer before it develops and can also be used to manage cancer while receiving treatment.
- It Lowers Blood Sugar (for diabetics) and Prevents High Blood Pressure.
- Another good thing Goron Tula does to our body is to prevent and lessen the risk of high blood pressure.
- This is as a result of the presence of tannin, a polyphenol present in the fruit.
- Goron Tula and Fertility – It is good for fertility in men and women. It regulates menstruation in women. This precise benefit is very evident in the people who take the fruit as they always have many children.
- It Eases Bowel Movement
- Eating Goron Tula can ease bowel movement and aid digestion. This makes it easy to swallow and digest foods without fear of stomach upset or if the food is not digesting well.
- Tackles Liver problems
- This amazing fruit contains antioxidants one of which is carotenoids which help to eliminate toxins from the body system. This improves the liver and helps it to clean your system
- Helps Eyesight – this miracle fruit also plays a role in helping your eyesight
Goron Tula Health Benefits: Why Goron Tula Works
- This wonder fruit (silky Kola) helps to cleanse the body system, reduce high blood pressure, and fertility challenges.
- It also serves as an aphrodisiac, aids against liver problems, and other mental illnesses among other diseases.
- It can also aid in improving bowel movement, ease digestion, and boosts the body’s immune system.
How Can Goron Tula Help You Get Pregnant?
Goron Tula can aid the regularization of your menstruation making it easier for you to get pregnant.
How to Eat Goron Tula
Snot apples can be relished in many ways. Some of the ways it is eaten include:
- Firstly, the seed can be chewed with the gum.
- Secondly, it can also be eaten as fruit when it is ripe
- Thirdly, Goron Tula can be soaked with water or honey and eaten like that
- Also can be cooked with hot water and used in making porridge.
- Lastly, you can mix it with other herbs: Goron Tula syrup.
How to Make Goron Tula Juice
- Simply, soak the seeds in hot water and allow the seeds to combine thoroughly with the liquid.
- Then, sieve and drink when cool.
- That’s it. Your juice is ready
Where to Buy Goron Tula
Goron Tula fruit can be bought in fruit form, freshly ground powdered form, or Syrup in the local market or supermarket.
It is available in almost all the States in Nigeria.
It can also be gotten from online stores.
Goron Tula Side Effects
although the plant has many medicinal uses, it also has some downsides. The side effects of Azanza garckeana or goron Tula may include:
Extreme use of Goron Tula can cause cancer because of the available tannins.
Tannins (popularly called tannic acid) are water-soluble polyphenols present in many plant foods.
Even though the alkaloid content in Azanza garckeana is low, the lowest lethal dose (LDL) of the substance in the plant is unknown.
- Adverse Reaction
Foods high in polyphenols are safe for most people. However, people with food allergies or certain medical conditions may need to avoid certain foods that contain polyphenols such as goron Tula.
Apart from the fact that polyphenols seem to offer many benefits, excessive amounts can have serious side effects.
If you are looking for some amazingly nutritious food that is good for your health, read on:
- The Benefits of Goron Tula, Kolanuts, Bitter Kola and Side Effects
- African Walnut Fruits | Health Benefits to Humans | Side Effects
- Beetroot – 9 Benefits, Nutrition and How to Use in Nigeria