How to Make Pineapple Syrup: Fresh, Fruity, No-Cook Syrup
Pineapple Syrup is a multipurpose syrup made from pineapple juice which you can use on most foods you cook such as Pineapple syrup for ham, drinks, like a pancake, cake, cocktail, ice cream, waffle etcetera
Fresh pineapple is a treat on its own, so make the most of it by putting the core (and eyelets) to good use in this fresh, no-cook syrup.
Related >>> Pineapple Ginger Juice Recipe: Healthy Detox Drink
The acidic juice in the fruit scraps is sufficient enough to melt the sugar, creating a thick and flavorful liquid.
Use this syrup also as a mixer in your favorite cocktails, or for the best pineapple twist on recipes
Pineapple Syrup: Why it Works
- The acid in pineapple cores is enough to melt up to half their weight in sugar, conveying a strong flavor and vivid color without any added water, flavoring, or dye.
- A lemon rind balances the natural sugariness of pineapple.
Pineapple simple syrup takes the benefits of pineapple’s texturizing end product to produce a sweet-and-sour, musky syrup.
This is not only a traditional Tiki ingredient but also has many uses in early 20th century cocktails.
Uses – Health Benefits
Pineapples have numerous usages in the kitchen.
They can be liked raw, caramelized, used in desserts, sauces, or even as a pizza topping.
Homemade pineapple juice is used to combat cough and inflammation (Why buy cough syrup when you can easily drink pineapple…..)
Furthermore, it’s mostly produced in the tropical belt.
7 Amazing Ways to Reuse Pineapple
- Juice as a Drink
- Yellow Popsicles.
- Tropical Smoothies
- Fruit Salad
- Tropic Oatmeal
This is better than you can think of, simply drizzle over whatever, and it will transmute it to another level.
You can use less or more sugar, depending on how sugary you want it.
Since the syrup thickens when it cools down, put that into consideration when boiling it.
- Cup Water
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar (use more or less)
- Firstly, peel the pineapple.
- Secondly, core and cut into chunks.
- Thirdly, blend and sieve with a strainer or a cheesecloth, to make it sieve easily add water when sieving it.
- Then, place a saucepan over medium-low heat and pour the pineapple mixture and sugar and boil.
- After that, continue to boil until it reduces to the consistency you want but keep in mind that it thickens a little more when it cools down.
- Finally, allow cooling and pour into a sterilized jar and store in a refrigerator
Where to Buy?
You can buy it in any supermarket or local market in Nigeria, but it’s better to make fresh ones at home