Pawpaw, papaw, paw paw, or paw-paw, it doesn’t matter how you pronounce it, is also commonly called Carica Papaya in many regions.
It is a cerise-orange colored juicy fruit that grows on deciduous tree producing a large, yellowish-green to red fruit.
Popularly known as the fruit of the Angels, pawpaw is a fruit being enjoyed for its sweetness and medicinal purposes across the globe.
For You >>> Health Benefits of Monkey Kola You Should Know
Table of Contents
What’s a Pawpaw Tree?
Pawpaw trees produce large, edible, green fruits, also called pawpaws. The fruit is fragrant and has a distinctly bright, tropical flavor.
Most people agree that the best way to enjoy pawpaws is to eat them raw, picked from the tree when they are ripe and fresh.
But there are other several ways to use them- in a recipe and prolong the enjoyment of their tropical flavor further than the end of the harvest season.
Nevertheless, all parts of the pawpaw fruit; from its seeds to its leaves, peels, and many more are known and used for our health.
With many benefits for skin, health and hair, coupled with its tastiness, pawpaw is regarded as one of the most beneficial gifts nature has blessed mankind with.
Health Benefits of Pawpaw (Carica Papaya) – the benefits of this fruit will shock you!
- Contains antioxidants
- Used to treat digestive disorders
- Helps to boosts male virility
- Prevents premature aging
- Helps ease menstrual pain
- Asthma prevention
- Protects against arthritis
- Great eye care
- Used as a cleanser
- Boosts human immunity
- Good for diabetics
- Rich in fiber
- Prevents heart attacks and strokes
- Treats inflammation
- Helps to improve hair health
- Rich in vitamin
- Helps with weight loss
- Protects against skin damage
- Improve heart health
- Help to reduce stress
- Relieves toothache
- Prevents infections
Pawpaw Fruit Ideas
- Firstly, the fruits are often eaten raw, picked fresh from the tree and eaten out of hand. But there are many other ideas for pawpaw fruit.
- Secondly, the green pawpaw is an excellent alternative for squash or cherimoya.
- Thirdly, the exotic flavor and creamy texture of pawpaw make it a star in jelly and jams, as well as a darling among bakers, who use the pureed flesh in pies and tarts.
- Then, you can drink them, too.
- Finally, their tropical quality means they can easily be swapped into recipes that call for papaya, mango, or banana.
Above all, pawpaw fruit ideas are numerous, whether it is eaten raw out of your hands, or you puree them and add them to a smoothie, recipe, ice cream, or pie. The list can go on and on.
Please avoid usage. Information concerning safety and efficiency in pregnancy and lactation is lacking.