NAFDAC Online Product Registration Verify
The NAFDAC Online Product Registration Verify
- How to Verify NAFDAC Products Online
- How to Verify NAFDAC Registration Number on Products Online
- NAFDAC Product Registration Verify
- Verify NAFDAC Products Online – NAFDAC Verify
- How to Easily Confirm If a Food Is Truly NAFDAC-Registered
The NAFDAC Online Product Registration Verify ~
Simply visit the registered products search portal of NAFDAC at nafdac.gov.ng/product-registration.
Then, type in the product name deployed on the package of the food you want to look up
Table of Contents
How to Verify NAFDAC Products Online ~ an Overview
Do you have any doubts that the sachet of coconut chips you’re about to open was properly registered with NAFDAC?
Are the product and packaging too unsightly to have received approval from the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)?
The good news is that you can easily verify this with your smartphone or laptop.
The government, through its agency, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration Control (NAFDAC), ensures that food and drug producers adhere to the set hygiene standards for public health.
Nobody should be in the production business. It should only be available to serious people who understand the value of hygiene and a clean environment.
This is NAFDAC’s primary goal.
Why Is NAFDAC Number Necessary?
As a business, you must obtain a NAFDAC number. Apart from not facing government repercussions if you do not obtain it. It also increases public trust in your product.
It is important to note that the NAFDAC is not only concerned with domestic food and drugs manufactured in Nigeria.
However, before distributing their products to the public, importers of food and drugs must obtain a NAFDAC license.
Who Needs NAFDAC Number Verification?
NAFDAC registration is required for the general public as well as the entity registering its business.
For the general public, it is a safe way of instilling trust in the brand and providing them with sufficient information.
The applicants must provide the following information.
- Submit all registration documents and application letters by the issued guidelines in the first instance for any NAFDAC service.
- Provide NAFDAC with relevant information and a description of the facility for inspection where it relates to NAFDAC-regulated product registration and importation.
- Provide samples of the products to be registered for laboratory analysis when notified by NAFDAC.
- Ensure that all payments are made on time.
- To avoid unnecessary delays, ensure that all documents are complete and have the appropriate description.
- Food product registration must be completed within 90 days of application acceptance.
- Registration of a drug product within 120 days of application acceptance.
- Product registration variation takes no more than 60 days
NAFDAC Online Product Registration Verify
How to Know the NAFDAC Number of A Product
NAFDAC numbers are typically associated with a specific brand name rather than the product itself.
For example, a company that manufactures water and beverages will have a unified NAFDAC number engraved on all of its products.
The NAFDAC number of each product must be printed on the product body, or a leaflet with the NAFAC number can be placed inside the product.
The number can be numeric or alphanumeric, with a range of 6 to 10 numbers.
How to Verify NAFDAC Registration Number of Products
This is a very simple process. All you need is a smartphone or other internet-connected device.
Navigate to NAFDAC’s official website and look for the product or the NAFDAC registration number.
Make use of the Printed NAFDAC Number.
For example, if you go to nafdac.gov.ng/product-registration and enter the registration number 01-7188 in the search bar, you should get the product name FUN BITES PLANTITOS SPICY PLANTAIN CHIPS.
The applicant’s name (the company that applied for a NAFDAC registration number) and the active ingredients that make up the food under consideration are also listed.
I was especially interested in the plantain chips because I see a lot of them on Lagos roads and I’m curious if they were ever approved for production.
If the package they use for them suitable, and if it has ever been approved? But since I was able to check, there were no problems.
Use the Product Name to Search
You can search for registered products on NAFDAC’s website, nafdac.gov.ng/product-registration, by entering the product name found on the package of the food you want to look up.
- Register as a new user (this is optional; you can sign up to receive periodic tips via email).
- Select the verify NAFDAC number’ option after clicking on verification.
- Enter the number printed on the package.
- If you don’t know the NAFDAC number of a product, you can use its name instead.
- Verify that you entered the correct number or name and click the verify button.
If you enter the correct number or name, the verification will be successful, and the result will match the product and any necessary information attached to the product.
FAQs about the NAFDAC Online Product Registration Verify
NAFDAC Product Registration Verify. This medium is offered to quickly verify NAFDAC-registered products along with reports on counterfeit/fake products.
NAFDAC registered products list
|Product ID||Product Group||The Product Name||Presentation||Active Ingredient||ApplicantName||Country||Manufacturer||Date Approved||Expiry Date||Registration No|
|1||DRUG||PROMETHAZINE INJECTION||INJECTION/ 2ML X 10 AMPOULES||PROMETHAZINE HCL 50MG/2ML||IBU PHARMACY LIMITED||NIGERIA||ANHUI CHENGSHI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD||29/08/2017||28/08/2022||B4-7416|
|2||DRUG||MELOFAN PLUS||TABLETS / 1X(3+3)||ATRESUNATE 200MG, SULPHADOXINE 500MG, PYRIMETHAMINE25MG||CLARION MEDICALS LIMITED.||NIGERIA||JIANGSU RUINIAN QIANJIN PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LIMITED.||29/08/2017||28/08/2022||B4-7415|
|3||DRUG||SPEDRA 50||TABLETS / 1X4, 1X2||AVANAFIL 50MG||SANOFI AVENTIS NIG. LIMITED.||NIGERIA||SANOFI WINTHROP INDUSTRIE,||29/08/2017||28/08/2022||B4-7414|
|4||DRUG||SPEDRA 100||TABLETS / 1X4,||AVANAFIL 100MG||SANOFI AVENTIS NIG. LIMITED.||NIGERIA||SANOFI WINTHROP INDUSTRIE,||29/08/2017||28/08/2022||B4-7413|
|5||DRUG||SPEDRA 200||TABLETS / 1X4, 1X2||AVANAFIL 200MG||SANOFI AVENTIS NIG. LIMITED.||NIGERIA||SANOFI WINTHROP INDUSTRIE,||29/08/2017||28/08/2022||B4-7412|
|6||DRUG||FECCOX PIROXICAM||INJECTION / 1MLX10AMPOULES||PIROXICAM 20MG/ML||FECCOX PHARMA LIMITED.||NIGERIA||JIANGSU PENGYAO PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LIMITED.||29/08/2017||28/08/2022||B4-7411|
|7||DRUG||GREENLIFE VITAMIN C||INJECTION / 5MLX10AMPOULES||VITAMIN C 500MG/5ML||GREENLIFE PHARMACEUTICAL LTD.||NIGERIA||SHANDONG XIER KANGTAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD.||29/08/2017||28/08/2022||B4-7410|
|8||DRUG||GREENLIFE HYOSCINE BUTYL BROMIDE||INJECTION / 1MLX10AMPOULES||HYOSINE BUTYLBROMIDE BP 10MG/ML||GREENLIFE PHARMACEUTICAL LTD.||NIGERIA||SHANDONG XIER KANGTAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD.||29/08/2017||28/08/2022||B4-7409|
NAFDAC registration checklist ~ what documents are required for NAFDAC registration?
A Pharmaceutical Product Certificate that has been signed and endorsed (applicable to drugs only).
Letter of invitation from the manufacturer to inspect the factory abroad, including full names and plant location (where applicable)
Product samples for quality testing and inspection
NAFDAC official website ~ NAFDAC portal
NAFDAC registration for small-scale business ~ How do I register a small-scale business with NAFDAC?
- Proof of Registration with the Cooperate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- (Company Name and/or Incorporation)
- Site Use Contract (Where applicable)
- Evidence of Trademark Approval We recommend that you obtain this document as it is useful.
- To safeguard the product brand or business name.
- One vetting Sample and three labels