Home remedies to lightening skin naturally are gentle on the skin and works naturally without side effects. Darkening of the skin can be caused due to extreme sun exposure, certain medications, dry skin conditions, an illness, stress, genetics, and even maintaining a poor diet.
How to brighten skin naturally is always trending among women at every age. Having fair, clear skin is a symbol of beauty – as seen by many customs.
However, those with fair skin are always trying to find ways to add some color and those with added color are persistently trying to find ways to lighten their skin naturally. It is more or less a craze, with people wanting to alter their skin tones into lighter shades.
Healthy and flawless skin is a sign of a person’s health. It is a lot of people desire to have a perfect, fair and healthy skin. Commercial skin lighten products may seem like an easier alternative instead of home remedies.
Nevertheless, they contain harmful chemicals such as hydroquinone that may be insensitive to your skin. In addition, these chemicals may cause many reactions to your skin, such as dullness, dark spots/ patches, uneven skin tone or even acne breakout.
Therefore, if you have dark and dull skin wanting to know how to make your skin lighter naturally, avoid using over-the-counter products with chemicals which are not only expensive but can possibly damage your skin even more. In its place, go for natural home remedies.
First things first, before you start using these natural skin lightening treatment, it is important to know the following:
The skin becomes dull and pigmented mainly due to the accumulation of dead skin cells and damage from pollutants and harmful UV rays.
Therefore, it is important to start with these three regimens when wanting to improve your complexion
Prevention actually is better than trying to discover a cure, hence make sure you use a sunblock which blocks UVA & UVB sun rays.
Regardless of the weather condition, before you step out in the sun to soak in some vitamin D, it is very vital to use a good sunscreen. This will put off pigmentation issues often caused by sunburn.
It is basic to cleanse and exfoliate no less than once a week using scrubs and masks. This will ensure that all the dirt, grime, and impurities are removed along with the dead skin cells. In a short time, your natural skin tone improvement will be enhanced.
After cleansing, moisturize your skin to keep it hydrated and nourished. It is vital to understand the causes of skin darkening especially for dry skin can be avoided by moisturizing.
How to Get Lighter Skin?
Attempt the following 10 home remedies to add to your maintenance regime. It will surprise you how these simple home remedies that you can brew up at home can perform wonders in lightening your skin naturally.
Yogurt is one of the best sources of probiotic food, which are friendly bacteria that can improve your health. It is made from milk that has been fermented by friendly bacteria, mainly lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria.
Using yogurt for skin lightening is achievable because it contains Lactic acid bacteria that can be used for skin lightening since it has moisturizing and bleaching properties.
The following home remedies are suitable for all skin types.
- Gently massage plain yogurt directly onto your skin. Allow it to stay on for a few minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this once every day for a few weeks to see a significant improvement on your skin tone.
- On the other hand, you can blend one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with 11/2 tablespoon of honey. Apply the combination on your face and neck. Allow it to stay for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with water. Do this every day to enhance your complexion.
- Lastly, to make a thick paste, you can add a small lemon juice and a little oatmeal to yogurt to form a thick paste. This combination can be applied as a face mask. It helps to keep the skin lithe and moisturized.
The most vital item in skin care is vitamin C, which you can get in great quantity from oranges. In addition, oranges have bleaching features that can lighten your complexion.
Read Also: Oranges, Vitamins And More
Studies have shown that consuming fresh orange juice regularly can to a great extent make better the general feel of your skin and make it lithe.
How to lighten face naturally fast using orange
- The first method is to combine two tablespoons of orange juice and a pinch of powdered turmeric.
- Apply this blend on your face and neck before sleeping. You can as well apply it on your hands and legs. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes. Do this every day.
- The 2nd method is to crush dried orange peels into powder. Mix one tablespoon of the powdered peels with one tablespoon of plain yogurt to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin and wash it off with water after 15 to 20 minutes. This will assist to lighten spots and other marks on your face. Do this one time or twice a week, but not more than that.
- Gram Flour
Gram flour also called chickpea flour has long been used all over the world. It is used both as an exfoliant and a homemade beauty treatment to lighten and brighten skin.
Check out the following two easy-but-efficient DIY methods to lighten your skin using gram flour below.
- Gram Flour, Cucumber, Potato Skin, and citrus juices
This recipe uses gram flour combined with cucumber, potato, and citrus juices! The juices from the potato and cucumber are natural home remedies astringents that are known to brighten facial skin. Cucumber is very effective for removing those dark circles under the eyes
Mix these ingredients with a blender to form a smooth paste.
You will need:
- 4 tablespoons of gram flour
- 2 slices of cucumber with the skin on
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of one orange (or lime)
Blend all ingredients to form a thick paste. Apply one tablespoon to your face and let it dry for 8-10 minutes before washing off.
You can also leave this lightening skin mask overnight for better results. Be cautious not to get it in your eyes as the citric acid can burn.
- Gram Flour and Orange
This recipe involves a small preparation since you need to dry the orange peels in the sun and grind them up first.
You will need:
Orange peel from one orange (dried and ground)
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- Milk cream (enough to form a thick paste)
Combine all the ingredients and apply the mask to the face and neck. Allow it to dry on your skin.
Then, rinse the mask off with lukewarm water for smooth and fairer skin.
Honey is seen as one of the most useful food. Its usefulness is not only limited to your internal health. But it is also very helpful when your external beauty comes to play.
How to Use Honey For Skin Lightening?
Honey can be used to get glowing skin in the following ways:
Honey with Yogurt
The lactic acid present in yogurt lightens the skin while honey soothes the skin and moisturizes the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh yogurt and 1 1/2 tablespoon of honey.
- Stir well and apply this mixture over the skin.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, wash it off with water.
- Alternatively, you can add 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and follow the same process.
- Apply daily.
Honey with Lemon Juice
- First, mix 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Next, apply this mixture over the skin and gently massage for a few minutes.
- Allow it to dry and rinse off with water.
- Similarly, you can also add 1 teaspoon olive oil/ milk/ yogurt to the mixture and follow the same process.
- Apply daily.
- Aloe Vera Gel
The Aloe Vera plant is a wonder plant that has been in use for a long time . The transparent gel exhibits anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial and soothing & cooling properties!
Please note that Aloe Vera gel cannot change your skin color although it has many skin care benefits.
- First, it has an anti-bacterial property which helps to prevent and cure acne and pimples, especially when used as a night cream.
- The Greatest skin moisturizer! – An amply moisturized skin is sure to look healthier and brighter. To put it cleanly: Moisturized skin equals faster skin lightening.
- It helps to make your skin pores clean and neat.
- It gives a cooling effect and can be used as a base for home remedies.
- Perfect for serious sunburn treatment.
How to Use Aloe Vera Gel on Skin?
- First, cut a leave from the base, wash it and remove the spiky edges.
- Gently apply this transparent gel directly on your skin.
- Finally, rinse with water after 15 minutes.
Do you enjoy reading top 10 home remedies to lighten skin naturally without bleaching? Why not try it at home and watch out for part 2! Kindly click the share buttons and drop a comment below. I take pleasure in reading from you. Thanks for visiting 9jafoods today
Have a great week everyone, and stay well!