Benefits Of Garlic for Skin, Hair, & Health
Garlic is a widely used herb in culinary preparations. It not only improves the taste of the dish, but it also has incredible health advantages.
Here’s a post dedicated to all of the wonderful advantages of Garlic for Skin, Hair, & Health
Garlic contains compounds such as allicin, sulfur, zinc, and calcium, which have health, beauty, antibacterial and antifungal benefits.
It also includes selenium. Selenium is known to fight cancer and to improve antioxidant power in the body when combined with vitamin E.
- How to Treat Infections with a Clove of Garlic
- Garlic Benefits for Women Body Health: Fertility, Weight Loss
- Raw Garlic -10 Amazing Health Benefits of Garlic | Side Effect
Table of Contents
What is Garlic? Benefits Of Garlic for Skin, Hair, & Health
Garlic is the edible bulb part of the lily plant which belongs to the ‘Allium’ family, which also includes onion, leeks, shallots, achieves, etc.
Allium sativum is the scientific name for this plant.
Garlic’s health benefits are attributed to allicin, a very potent component that can fight a variety of illnesses, including cancer, common cough, colds, and heart disease.
It may aid in the reduction of blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as the risk of dementia.
Benefits Of Garlic for Skin
Garlic has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antiseptic properties from allicin. It aids in the killing of acne-causing germs (garlic for acne)
Garlic helps to prevent our skin from free radical aging as well as the improvement of blood circulation.
It also helps with stretch marks and eczema, as well as treating athlete’s foot, delaying aging, and soothing psoriasis.
Benefits Of Garlic for Hair
Is garlic beneficial to one’s hair? Yes. Hair loss is a sign of a deficiency or imbalance. Raw garlic is high in vitamins and minerals like vitamin B-6 and C, manganese, and selenium, all of which are beneficial to hair health.
When consumed as part of a healthy diet, garlic has properties that may aid hair development.
Garlic oil benefits hair ~ Garlic oil includes allicin, a natural substance that improves blood flow to the scalp, kills bacteria and fungi on the scalp and hair and revitalizes follicles that have been damaged.
Garlic nourishes hair by stimulating blood flow to the scalp.
The benefits of garlic for skin include:
- Raw garlic is rich in vitamin C which is great for promoting hair health. It also helps to encourage hair growth by increasing collagen production.
- Garlic’s selenium content aids in blood circulation, allowing for optimal nutrition.
- Garlic contains antimicrobial characteristics that aid in the killing of germs and bacteria that cause damage to the scalp and hinder hair development.
- It also aids in the cleansing, strengthening, and prevention of clogging of hair follicles, hence reducing hair loss.
- Garlic soothes irritated scalps and helps to treat dandruff.
Benefits Of Garlic for Health ~ Garlic and health
Most of the time, we wonder if garlic is good for our health. Yes, it is, as can be seen from the garlic nutrition facts. Garlic is high in minerals and vitamins that are good for your health.
Having accurate knowledge about the nutritional composition of garlic allows consumers to be certain of the exact amounts of this ingredient they should consume.
- Here’s how garlic can help you live a healthier life.
- Improves bone health
- Reduces LDL cholesterol levels
- Regulates blood sugar
- Helps to keep blood pressure in check.
- Aids in the treatment of diabetes
- Aids in the battle against cancer
- It boosts the immune system.
- Treats Asthma and the common cold
- Treats urinary tract infections and kidney infections.
- Helps to reduce oxidative stress
- Helps to avoid heavy metal toxicity
- It can help you lose weight.
- Helps you live longer
- Relieves gastrointestinal problems
- Protects the heart and circulatory system
- Treats and prevents cold sores
- Helps to keep the eyes healthy.
- Aids in the prevention of ear infections
- Kills pathogens in the mouth
- Aids in the absorption of iron and zinc
Can we mix onion and garlic for hair growth?
How can I make onion and garlic oil at home?
- Firstly, place 2 cloves of garlic, onion, and oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Secondly, heat just until the garlic starts to simmer.
- After that, remove from heat. Then, allow cooling for 10 minutes.
- Finally, remove garlic and onion pieces and discard. …
For just garlic infused oil (no onion), use 6 cloves of garlic and follow the above instructions.
Side Effects of Garlic ~ Benefits of Garlic for Skin, Hair, & Health
The intake of too much garlic is bad. Besides, studies recommend 4 g (one to two cloves) of raw garlic per day.
While the benefits of including garlic in your diet are numerous, consider the side effects.
- Unpleasant odor
- Body heating
- Skin irritation
- Aggravates vaginal infection
- It causes migraines.
- Effects eyesight
- Low blood pressure
- Damage to the liver
- Causes ailment such as Nausea, heartburn, vomiting
- Garlic oil for hair side effects ~ Although there has been a lot of research done on the adverse effects of garlic, there hasn’t been much written or studied about the disadvantages of consuming garlic oil.
Who Should Avoid Garlic?
- Pregnant women
- Those who have had a stomach ulcer, intestinal surgery, IBS, or IBD.