Best Ever Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe in Nigeria
Carrot cake is made richer with carrots, coconut (optional) and eggs; this nourishing recipe is well-thought-out to be tantalizing and healthy.
Cakes are delicious any time, but when you have carrots in them and get the recipe right, it could be addictive because you can’t seem to have enough of it. The good news is that homemade carrot cake is very easy to prepare.
Please Read: Indomie Instant Noodles stuffed With Carrots & Peas
Carrot Cake Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsps. vanilla essence
- 300 g sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 6 cups carrot (grated)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsps. Baking powder
- 3 tsps. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg powder
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Firstly, mix the carrot (grated) and brown sugar very well in a bowl and set aside for an hour.
- Secondly, preheat the oven. Grease and sprinkle flour to the cake pans.
- Then, mix the flour, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon in a bowl and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and slowly beat in the white sugar, vanilla, and oil.
- After that, stir in the flour and carrot mixture and combine carefully.
- Finally, pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted becomes clean.
- Allow to cool and frost or drizzle with icing.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes have the most glorious surprise inside; cream cheese frosting! Perfect for any occasion especially during Easter or Christmas celebration! However, it could also be considered Carrot Cake Muffins.
The Real Difference between a Cupcake and a Muffin
The difference is that a muffin is a form of bread; whereas a cake, which is much sweeter, is not.
Cakes are the favorite dessert choice while muffins are served for breakfast. Cakes generally have frosting on them while muffins are by no means frosted.
Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe
- ¾ cup oil (or any mild-flavored oil)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp.salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3-4 medium carrots finely-grated fresh carrots
- ½ ground nutmeg seed
- ½ teaspoon cloves
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 3–4 tablespoons Peak Evaporated Milk
- Firstly, preheat oven to 350°F. Line up a 12-cupcake pan with baking liners.
- Secondly, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined and even. Add in the eggs and vanilla, and whisk till smooth.
- After that, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves) until combined.
- Then, gradually add the dry ingredient mixture into the egg mixture, and stir until smooth. Fold in the grated carrots and stir until combined. Nuts and/or raisins can be put in at this time too.
- Decant the batter into the cupcake liners so that they are ¾ Then bake for about 18-20 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Finally, transfer the baking pan to a wire cooling rack and let the cupcakes cool until they reach room temperature.
For the frosting
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until no lumps remain. Add evaporated milk and beat until smooth, then add vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar
Finally, transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip and frosts the best carrot cake cupcakes. Serve immediately.