Indomie is an instant noodle and there is not much to the preparation. Whenever the name noodles come up in Nigeria, the first thing that comes to mind is Indomie.
It is a common belief that noodles are food for kids and singles. But indomie is a tasty spicy food stuffed with green peas, carrot, onions, chili pepper, and boiled egg to compliment the delicious food. The price is also quite affordable.
Please Read: How to make Nigerian Akara
Indomie instant noodle is a family name in Nigeria, almost all the kids’ love eating this food. However, the different types of noodles present in the market now have adults in mind. Examples are indomie jumbo, hungry man size, family pack etc.
Indomie noodle nutrition information contains about 320 calories, energy-giving food, and one indomie cup contains about 1.2 g fibers, 58 g carbohydrate, 7 g protein.
In addition, they are fortified with vitamin A, vitamin B6, B-12, vitamin D, folic acid, and Iron.
Table of Contents
How Long Does It Take To Cook Instant Noodles?
Tea and bread is the most common breakfast recipe in Nigeria and the fastest to prepare followed by instant noodles. It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
What Is Noodles Made Of? How Are They Made?
Indomie is made from flour supplied by Bogasari flour mills and fortified with vitamin A, B1, B6, B12, niacin, folic acid, and iron.
What Does Indomie Mean?
Indomie is a brand of instant noodle by Indofood, the largest instant noodle manufacturer in Indonesia with 72% of market share.
Who Owns Indomie Noodles In Nigeria?
The owner of indomie noodles Nigeria is Dufil, a joint venture between Salim Group, the Indonesian conglomerate that owns the Indomie brand, and Tolaram Group of Singapore.
There are quite a few other noodle producers in Nigeria that have similar products. Whereas many of them are not as common, they are still very much nearby.
Is Noodles Vegan?
The addition of flavor enhancer 631 and the method of preparation means Indomie Mi Goreng noodles may or may not be appropriate for vegans and vegetarians.
Does Instant Noodles Causes Weight Gain?
How to make instant noodles less fattening and healthier all depends on how you prepare it.
Putting little or no oil to it since it has high oil content during the process of producing it. Also, add lots of fresh veggies and other good sources of protein in other to increase its nutritional value.
How to Cook Instant Noodles Stuffed With Carrots and Peas
Here is how to make noodles in Nigeria with all the extra ingredients to spice up the color and indomie flavors.
- Vegetables of choice (carrots, peas, green peppers)
- Fresh tomatoes
- Two sachets of noodles (or as many as you like)
- Fresh pepper
- Fluted pumpkin leaves
- Eggs or Shrimp
- Vegetable oil (2 spoonful’s)
Firstly, dice and share into 2 equal places after washing.
- Then, in a clean pot, boil one cup of water.
- After that pour the indomie into the boiling water add 1 portion of the onions with little quantity of each vegetable and cook for 3 minutes not allowing the water to dry completely.
- Furthermore, get your frying pan, pour in the vegetable oil, heat and add the remaining part of onions, green peas, pepper, carrots and fry for 2 minutes.
- Subsequently stir in the already cooked noodles evenly to mix properly, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Finally, your instant noodles with carrots and peas is ready. This is one of my favorite Nigerian breakfast recipes.