Mango yogurt smoothie is a revitalizing and healthy breakfast option that will make you feel like you are on a tropical island!
Try it for breakfast, as an after-school snack or post-workout refreshment.
Please Read: 3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Smoothie
It is made of tropical mango chunks mixed with Greek (low-fat) yogurt. It creates an amazingly delicious and healthy mango yogurt juice on hot days.
What Is Mango?
Mangoes are tropical stone fruits, plump and oval and about the size of a grapefruit.
They range in colors from yellow to green through to red-green, depending on the variety.
Also Read: Avocado Smoothie Recipe and Weight Loss
The inside is a soft, edible yellow flesh and a hard inedible stone. Mangoes only grow in warmer climates like Nigeria
Tickle your taste buds with this simple, yet flavorful and nutritious smoothie. Not only are mangoes delicious, but they also have some nice health benefits as well.
Health Benefits of Mango
- Firstly, mango boosts your immune system
- Secondly, it supports healthy digestion
- Thirdly, it is good for your skin (internally and externally)
- Then, it promotes good eyesight
- Furthermore, mango has alkalizing effect on the body
- Also, contains health promoting antioxidants
- Above all, mango supports healthy cholesterol levels
Mango Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
This homemade mango smoothie with yogurt is super easy to make in a blender.
Firstly, peel and dice the mango and add it to the blender with yogurt and crushed ice.
Then, add some milk for a richer smoothie or use low fat or full- fat yogurt instead of nonfat.
However, if it is Greek yogurt that you are using for your mango smoothie, you will have mango Greek yogurt smoothie. Yogurt selection depends on choice.
Yogurt is made by culturing pasteurized milk with harmless bacteria causing fermentation.
This process gives yogurt its slightly tart taste and semi-firm texture; it’s also what makes yogurt easy to digest.
(Source: Everyday Food, June 2004)
- 1 cup ripe mango (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup plain (or vanilla) nonfat yogurt
- 1½ cup crushed ice
- Optional: milk or water
Steps to Make It
- Firstly, place the diced mango, yogurt, and ice in a blender or food processor.
- Then, blend or process until smooth.
- Lastly, in case if the smoothie is too thick, add a little milk or water.
How Many Mangoes to Make One Cup?
An average 12-ounce mango will provide approximately one cup of cubed fruit.
If you are using frozen mango for this recipe, you will use two cups of frozen cubed mango.
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 23 g
- Vitamin A: 23% RDA
- Vitamin C: 52% RDA
- Calcium: 31% RDA
- Iron: 1% RDA
Can You Make The Mango Smoothie Vegan Or Dairy-Free?
Of course! You can make this mango drink with or without yogurt/ dairy milk. Similarly, you can also use dairy-free yogurt or full-fat Greek yogurt; it’s entirely up to you.