Club sandwich Nigeria is an imitation of the regular club sandwiches found around the world. However, it is improvised to suit the Nigerian environment by including ingredients easily found in Nigerian grocery stores.
What is a club sandwich?
A club sandwich, known also as a clubhouse sandwich, is a sandwich of bread (traditionally toasted), sliced cooked poultry, ham or fried bacon, tomato, lettuce, and mayonnaise.
The theory floating around “club” is that it is an acronym, meaning “chicken lettuce under bacon”. Do you agree? Please let me know in the comment section below.
Please Read: How to Make Nigerian Pizza
Sandwiches are healthy because they are very rich in vegetables, protein and have the right amount of carbs.
These kids’ delight are also great for weight loss diet. This is because they can be made into purely veggie sandwiches, and are low in calories when eaten alone.
What Makes a Good Sandwich?
Simple, it’s the filling! A sandwich is only as good as its filling. Also, it is usually the filling that makes a sandwich different.
Sandwiches are also very adaptable so you can switch up the ingredients to suit your personal preferences.
Types of Nigerian Sandwich
There are so many types of sandwiches/Toast namely:
- Bread and Akara
- Club sandwich
- Sardine and margarine sandwich
- Prawn and mayonnaise sandwich
- Sandwich toast bread
- Chicken sandwiches
- Fried egg sandwich
- Fish sandwich
- Cheese sandwich
- Beef sandwich
- Ham sandwich
- Mayo sandwich
- Turkey sandwich
- Avocado sandwich Tuna salad sandwich and so on
Club Sandwich Recipe
Nigeria Club Sandwiches is simple, satisfying, and flavorful.
It is usually served in hotels or on flights, but you can bring it home by making it yourself.
The best part is that you can turn it into a small scale business since it takes little time to prepare.
- 4 or more slices of bread (with the crust cut off – optional)
- 2 hard boiled eggs – chopped
- 1 fresh tomato – deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot – grated
- A quarter of a small cabbage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Sardine
How to Prepare Club Sandwich
- Firstly, mix mayonnaise, vegetables, and eggs. Then, put aside.
- Secondly, on another plate, mash the sardines well and mix with butter to help mask the strong smell.
- After that, spread the sardine mix on one side of bread and cover with another slice of bread.
- Similarly, spread the mayonnaise mix on the next side. Repeat with the other slices.
- Lastly, cut your sandwich into your desired shape.
You can eat this for breakfast, as a snack with your favorite beverage, or pack it for kids as lunch.
Club Sandwich near Me
Best club sandwich restaurants/shops near me in Lagos are:
World Sandwich Day is November 3.