Today, February 23, 2019, is a special day in Nigeria. It’s an election day! Nigerians troop out in their millions to vote and elect a presidential candidate and member s of the national assembly. Here is something you can quickly prepare as you await the results of the general elections. A special dish, healthy and good for the occasion. Am talking about Pizza.
Pizza is a dish with an Italian origin; it is basically a round, flattened base of leavened dough baked with a topping of tomatoes and cheese, typically with added meat, fish, or vegetables. This savory dish and its variants have since become popular and common in many areas of the world. Pizza is sold fresh or frozen, either whole or in portions, and is a common fast food item.
Read Also: Cupcakes: Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
The word Pizza brings a smile on everyone’s face whenever it is mentioned. It has a way of lifting our mood in all circumstances. An expensive snack but valuable. The exciting side is that it can be prepared at home, the dough can be made in advance and even frozen and you can use any toppings of choice. Kids love this food too. Pizza may taste strange to some of us initially but over time, we will get to love it.
Read Also: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Homemade Pizza is easier than you think. Actually, you can make pizza that can be likened to some of the best on the globe. All you need for a splendid pizza are quality dough, Tomatoes Ketchup (sauce), Toppings, and cheese coupled with the right tools and a fair amount of practice. You can add other ingredients of choice and with planning and practice; you can become very good at it.
How to Make Pizza at Home
Pizza Dough Recipe
- 250 g bread flour
- 15 g yeast
- 100 ml lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt.
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 8 medium-sized fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- A little olive oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A tablespoon tomato puree (Canned tomato)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make Pizza Dough
- First of all, preheat the oven to about 200-degree centigrade.
- Secondly, sift in the flour and the yeast in a medium-sized bowl, and then add the water, milk, olive oil, and salt. Combine together and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Afterward, shape the dough into a Ball and allow rising by leaving in the bowl for about an hour covered with a clean towel
- Then, mix again to remove any trapped air or until it is soft and smooth then divide the dough into your choice of size. Now is the time to make the pizza sauce.
How to Make Pizza Sauce
- To make the tomato sauce, fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil on low heat.
- Add other vegetables of choice with your seasoning cube and stir for about 20 seconds or more,
- Then add the mayonnaise, stir again and add the ketchup and/or tomato paste.
- Taste and allow simmering for a minute or 2, or when you are pleased with the taste, then turn off the heat. Now is the time to finish with the dough!
- At first, roll out the dough on a flat surface and then sprinkle with flour. Continue until it’s about 5 mm thick and then place onto a baking tray.
- Then, spread the tomato sauce on it and add any topping of your choice.
- Finally, bake for 15 minutes and your pizza is ready.