Chocolate chips are little chunks of sweetening chocolate used as an ingredient in a number of desserts. Chocolate chip cookies, therefore, are small cookies filled with bits of chocolate goodness in the form of chocolate chips or chunks. Nothing better on a rainy day than to curl up on the couch with a good book or your favorite television show, a hot tea with a plate of crunchy chocolate chip cookies.
Read Also: Cupcakes: Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Chocolate chip cookies and warm milk is a match made in heaven and are my favorite. Whether crispy with a chewy center, or soft, and light all through; chocolate chip cookies are the most amazing comfort snack. These cookies are fast and simple to bake, in addition to being a perfect gift inspiration. Above all, you do not have to bake them all at once. The dough can be frozen, and baked at any time.
In Nigeria chocolate chip cookies are scarce and pricey when you eventually see them; Making it at home especially with kids will solve all these problems. In case you are not able to get chocolate chips or maybe it is too pricey for you, can substitute chocolate chips with chopped up chocolate bars instead.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
With this recipe, you can easily make and enjoy chocolate chip cookies at home. Please let us know how it went when you try it.
- Brown sugar- a cup
- white sugar- same as above
- 1 cup, melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon, vanilla essence
- 2 ½ cups, all purpose-flour
- 1 tablespoon, baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups, chocolate chips
Makes 30 cookies
- Before you start baking the cookies, preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- In a deep bowl, mix brown and white sugar.
- Then, add the eggs, whisk. Add butter and vanilla essence. Mix to smooth paste or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gradually, sift in flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Also, stir in chocolate chips.
- Afterward, shape the dough into a ball and refrigerate for several hours until chilled through.
NOTE: this is necessary if you want the cookies to stay chunky and full.
- Gently, scoop the dough into a baking tray, about 1.5 tablespoons full onto a parchment-lined baking sheet for about 2 inches apart.
- Then, place in center of the oven, leave to bake for 20 minutes or when the cookies are golden brown and soft to the touch.
- Finally, bring out of the oven, and allow a cooling off on a cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Chocolate chip cookies can be enjoyed with warm milk, immersed in more chocolate, enclosed in whip cream or as an ice cream sandwich. In addition, you can set them in a box and send as a gift pack to someone special….. Like me (Lol)
The earth is yours! Enjoy and eat responsibly.