I have been in a rice mood lately; first, I shared White Rice and how it is perfectly cooked, Good Food: Nigerian Jollof Rice-Christmas Most Common Rice Dish and now Coconut Jasmine Rice. I was thinking of a side rice dish to prepare for this Christmas period. I came back from a journey with lots of coconuts and I thought of cooking coconut rice, and then decided against it since I wanted to try a unique recipe for Christmas. I Googled coconut and rice recipes and this is what I got: Coconut Jasmine Rice! I have all the ingredients to cook this special food except jasmine rice. And because I cannot find jasmine rice in our local market, I had to order for it online. This unique recipe became instantly my favourite once I tasted it.
Coconut Jasmine Rice is white in color similar to a jasmine flower. This long grain rice originated among the native people of Thailand. It has a nutty flavour and sticks together when cooked (that’s why some people add vegetable oil though optional when cooking it). I used coconut milk and toasted coconut flakes, to enhance the natural taste of coconut to the rice. The crispy texture makes the rice so different!
Coconut jasmine rice is very nutritious since coconut milk can benefit health in many ways, such as by helping in weight loss and lowering cholesterol. Coconut is greatly nourishing and high in fibre, vitamins B1, B3, C, E, B6 and, B5. It also contains minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, sodium phosphorous and, magnesium. Join me as I show you how to make this easy and mouth watery special rice recipe.
Table of Contents
Coconut Jasmine Rice: Fast and Delicious Recipe.
- Coconut Milk
- Jasmine Rice
- Lime (Optional)
- Chopped Scented leaves (Slightly sprinkled)
- Add coconut milk, water, salt, and jasmine rice to a medium size pot.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat to high.
- When the rice starts to boil, lower the heat and leave the cover on, please do not stir.
- Cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes, or until the liquid is fully absorbed and the rice is soft.
- Turn off the heat and add the scented leaves sparingly, squeeze some fresh lime juice and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve hot!
Do not forget to add toasted coconut flakes while serving coconut jasmine rice.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!