It’s very difficult to work eight or additional hours a day without getting hungry now and then. Having healthy afternoon snacks for the office is the solution for staying energized and concentrated. Furthermore, snacking is good for you as long as you choose wisely. Eating a snack every four hours helps to keep your body metabolism stimulated and helps you to maintain a high energy level. It also controls your appetite until you get off from work.
Healthy afternoon snack for the office is best prepared at home so that you will not be tempted by any unhealthy alternative trending at the workplace. My best Healthy afternoon snacks for the office is groundnut and cucumber. These two are Nigerians unique food combo and a ‘match made in heaven’. In addition, it is one of the easiest, cheapest and most healthy Nigerian snacks you can effortlessly lay your hands on. As with most things, Nigerians are creative with food, and food combination is very common.
Table of Contents
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CUCUMBER AND GROUNDNUT
- Firstly, cucumbers are good hydrants and coolants. Containing 96% of water, it helps with the relief of heartburn, dissolves kidney stone and reduces itching or sunburn. It is more effective especially when consumed regularly or applied to the skin.
- Good for eye maintenance. Cucumber invigorates the eyes, always used as a beauty regimen by placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes, this helps to reduce puffiness and under-eye.
- Cucumber contains silica, a wonderful mineral that strengthens hair and nails and helps them to shine.
- Helps in weight management. Cucumber contains fibre, enough water and is low in calories. All of these may aid in weight loss, it also stops constipation and, increase bowel regularity.
- Simple to incorporate to our meals. Cucumbers can be eaten fresh or used to add flavor to a variety of dishes. They can also be enjoyed as a low-calorie snack.
Groundnuts, on the other hand, is considered a very healthy snack. Please Read Boiled groundnuts: 3 health benefits you might not know. In conclusion, Groundnuts can be enjoyed roasted, raw, boiled and fried, whichever method you choose to prepare your groundnut, just make sure you enjoy every second of it.
HEALTHY AFTERNOON SNACKS FOR THE OFFICE RECIPE:
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 Handfuls of groundnut
- 1 medium fresh tomatoes – chopped (optional)
- Wash and peel the back of cucumber.
- After that, cut into any shape of choice.
- Add groundnut and fresh chopped tomatoes.
- Enjoy your snack.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!