Meat and potato pie recipe is a list of ingredients with a set of instructions on how to prepare a pie This is usually done with a filling of meat and potato and other tasty ingredients. Meat and potato pie is a scrumptious snack readily found on street corners, eateries, and even parties.
Read Also: Healthy afternoon snack for the office
This snack takes a little practice for one to master the art. However, with the provision of detailed meat and potato pie recipe, you will find out that making meat and potato pie is very simple and straight-forward.
Table of Contents
MEAT AND POTATO PIE RECIPE-Step by Step method
Ingredients for the Pie Filling
- Minced meat
- Irish potatoes
- Salt to taste
- red onion (chopped)
- 1knorr cube
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- Place a large saucepan on medium heat; add in the minced meat and onion. Cook until meat is browned.
- Afterwards, add in the salt, diced carrots and potatoes, knorr cube and Stir. Add about ½ a cup of water, cover until thoroughly cooked.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of flour with ½ cup of water very well, add the flour mix into the sauce (this will thicken the sauce and keep the pie moist).
- Remove from heat and put aside.
Ingredients for the Dough
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Table Spoon Baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Baking Margarine
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 2 eggs
- First of all, add the flour, baking powder and, salt in a large bowl. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- After that scoop the margarine in small quantity and add into the dry ingredients. With your fingers tips blend the ingredients until margarine is well incorporated.
- Thirdly and most importantly, add cold water in bits into the dough while kneading the dough until water is fully absorbed. Rest the dough in the fridge or leave it in a bowl for about 10 minutes to increase its elasticity.
- Lastly, add some flour to a smooth surface and use a rolling pin to shape and flatten the dough. Cut the dough into big circles using a round bowl. Remove the excess dough from around the circles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Put about 1 teaspoon and a half of filling into the middle of the circle, be careful not to overfill the circles. Afterwards, turn over the dough filling to enclose, forming a semi-circle.
- Press down edges together to close using the back of a fork.
- Put in a foil paper-lined baking sheet
- Repeat with remaining filling and dough
- Brush the pies generously with the egg wash. Bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meat and potato pie is ready, Enjoy!