Fried bananas are a popular dessert and snack food in northeast Brazil, Thailand and throughout Southern Asia.
These Easy Pan-Fried Bananas make an amazing dessert in less than 10 minutes! Enjoy them with ice cream, yogurt, in crepes, or on their own.
The dish is more often known as goreng pisang in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and surrounding countries.
Some people are familiar with fried plantain, but not a lot of people know that Bananas can be fried.
Yes, we have fried bananas and I fry mine exactly the way I fry plantain, without sugar and cinnamon.
Banana is naturally sweet on its own. However, salt (optional) can be sprinkled on it to give it a sweet and salty taste.
Bananas Are Very Healthy. They contain fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and several other beneficial plant compounds.
Although bananas are unsuitable on a low-carb diet and may cause problems for some diabetics, overall they are incredibly healthy food and good for you.
Healthy Fried Bananas Recipe is a sweet-tasting, clean eating delicious treat! If you are a banana lover then you will want to try this recipe.
Pan fried banana is a simple recipe, but, firstly let’s learn how to pick the right banana.
Best Bananas for This Recipe
I recommend staying away from overripe bananas. I still can use them, but they won’t hold the shape as well.
It’s best to use bananas that have just turned yellow. That way, they offer sweetness and hold their shape better.
- 4 Bananas
- Salt (optional)
- Vegetable oil enough to deep fry
How to Fry Bananas – To Make Fried Bananas
- Firstly, preheat some cooking Oil, enough for deep frying.
- Secondly, peel the bananas and slice into about a half-inch thickness.
- After that, season with salt (optional) and then fry flipping over a couple of times until golden brown.
- Lastly, remove from the Oil and drain inside a colander.
- The result will be a well-fried banana with a gooey interior and a nice crispy crust around the edges.