Ginger Weight Loss tea is a common and natural remedy for a wide variety of digestive disorders, including upset tummy, vomiting, and gastritis.
It is also a traditional remedy for cold and cough. However, during the recent past, it gained the attention of weight loss fans.
Ginger tea boosts thermogenesis (the process of heat production in organisms) and curbs the hunger pangs. Keeping hunger under control is ideal when it comes to losing weight.
This has been proven by a set of researchers who researched at the Institute for Human Nutrition, Columbia University.
Above all, although ginger is used in numerous ways, it is also known for its distinct flavor and inflammation-reducing property among other benefits.
Ginger water, also known as ginger tea, is one way to enjoy the benefits of ginger. Read on to learn more about ginger water benefits, uses, and side effects.
Table of Contents
Ginger Weight Loss Benefits
- Firstly, ginger aids in digestion by speeding up the emptying of the stomach.
- Secondly, it is a natural appetite suppressant.
- Thirdly, it expands blood vessel size, which increases body heat and allows you to burn more fat.
- It is also a powerful anti-inflammatory which means faster recovery time between workouts.
- Above all, by adding ginger to your daily diet, you will feel more energy, mental clarity, and vitality.
How to Use Ginger Tea for Weight Loss
- Ginger contains compounds called shogaols and gingerols. These two compounds stimulate biological activities when consumed.
- Ginger water may help promote weight loss when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
- One study showed that ginger suppressed obesity in rats on high-fat diets. And another study found that men who drank a hot ginger beverage after eating felt fuller for a longer time.
- You can prepare this herbal tea from the fresh, grated roots or by adding dried ginger powder.
How to Make Ginger Tea for Weight Loss
- One teaspoon of finely grated ginger
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon raw honey
- One cup of boiling water
- 1 green tea bag
- Firstly, mix the ginger, lemon juice, and honey in your favorite mug.
- Then pour the boiling water over the mixture, add the tea bag, and steep for 5 minutes.
- After that, remove the tea bag and sip.
- Lastly, If you’re craving something decaf, replace the green tea bag with a herbal one (we recommend mint!) – Or cut it altogether.
10 Ways Ginger Can Help You Lose Weight
Here are the ten best ginger combinations that can help you lose weight.
- Ginger Lemon Water
Ginger and lemon when mixed can give your metabolism a great enhancement.
Lemon juice and ginger both act as an appetite suppressant, which stops you from unnecessary indulging and thus helps you lose weight.
How to Use: simply squeeze a lemon in your ginger tea and have it regularly.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Ginger
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) works wonder when it comes to weight loss.
When ACV is combined with ginger, it boosts the antiglycemic and antioxidant properties of the two ingredients.
How to Use: The simplest way to consume both the ingredients is by blending them. You can also prepare ginger tea and add ACV to it when it cools.
- Green Tea and Ginger
It’s a common knowledge that green tea aids weight loss, boosts your metabolism and has many other health benefits.
How to Use: To combine the powerful effects of both the ingredients, you can add ginger to green tea while brewing it.
Other Combinations Include:
- Ginger juice for weight loss
- Ginger Lemonade Recipe
- Pineapple recipe with ginger juice
- Ginger with Saffron also known as turmeric
- Cinnamon with ginger
- Ginger powder
- Ginger and Garlic
As with any herb or supplement, ginger may interact poorly with other medication you take.
Side effects from ginger are rare but studies suggest that excessive consumption of ginger could leave you with some undesirable side effects.
These include heart burns, upset tummy, and burning in the mouth.