How to Get Pregnant with Twins: 10 Healthy Foods for Conception
- Food to increase fertility for twins
- 10 healthful foods that will help you conceive twins
- Foods that cause hyperovulation
- How to get pregnant with twins
- Foods to get pregnant with twins
- How to conceive twins – increase chances of twins
- What to eat to have twins in Nigeria
- What to drink to conceive twins
- How to get pregnant fast with twin
- What to eat/not eat when trying to conceive twins
- Other Ways to Increase Your Chances of Having Twins
Table of Contents
How To Get Pregnant with Twins?
If you want to have twins, some factors, such as your age, height, and family history, may likewise imply. However, your diet may play a significant role in achieving this goal.
Do you want to have twins naturally? If yes, then this article is for you.
How To Get Pregnant with Twins? The two types of twins are:
Identical twins are those in which one fertilized egg splits and grows into two fetuses, while fraternal twins are those in which two separate sperm fertilize two eggs.
Women from Igbo-Ora, a small village in western Nigeria, are known for giving birth to most twins. Their daily diet of yams, cassava, and okra leaves is often credited.
A diet high in minerals and vitamins has also been proved to improve the chances of having twins or triplets, according to research.
How To Get Pregnant with Twins?
Here’s a list of foods to increase fertility for conceiving twins: Foods that can help you get pregnant with twins fast
These ten foods are healthy, convenient, and simple to cook. They are as follows:
- White yams (yams and twins)
Yams are extremely nutritious tubers. They are high in important minerals and phytoestrogens, which are plant-based estrogens.
The Yoruba ladies of Igbo-Ora, a tiny village in southwestern Nigeria, believe their high twin birth rate is due to a local delicacy called “Amala,” which is prepared from a mixture of dried yams and cassava.
Also, according to one study, yams contain a chemical that tricks the brain into thinking there isn’t enough estrogen, causing it to release more gonadotropin and increase ovulation.
They’re extremely adaptable and simple to prepare. It can be roasted, fried, boiled,
Continue reading to learn about ten healthy foods that women in West Africa and other regions eat to naturally conceive twins.
Cassava, commonly known as tapioca, is a root tuber crop that is high in vitamins and minerals. Folic acid and vitamin C are present in small amounts.
The whole unpeeled tuber is harvested, dried, and blended with white yams to make a unique local diet in Igbo-Ora.
despite the lack of scientific evidence to back up the claim. The cassava root peels are thought to contain compounds that cause hyperovulation, or when a woman releases more than one egg after ovulation,
- Maca Root
Both male and female infertility can be helped with maca root. It stimulates libido, raises sperm count, and relieves menopausal symptoms.
It can help ladies who are attempting to conceive twins since it enhances fertility.
The dried powdered maca root can be added to smoothies, tea, or yogurt.
- Okra Leaves
Fiber, vitamin C, calcium, iron, and protein are all abundant in okra leaves. They’re included in a soup that’s served with amala (yam and cassava meal). Igbo-indigenous Ora’s people believe that this mixture is required to conceive twins naturally.
More scientific investigation is needed, however, to identify the key ingredient in okra leaves that causes multiple births.
- Okra Water for Fertility ~ How to Boost Ovulation with Okro
- The Okra Water in the Morning for Ovulation/During Pregnancy
- Okra and Pregnancy: Health Benefits of Okra During Pregnancy
- The Okra Seed Benefits: Potential Use of Okra Seed for Health
- Folic Acid-Rich Foods
Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, spinach, lentils, liver, and fortified breakfast cereals all contain folic acid.
According to several research, women who take more folic acid have a slightly greater probability of having twins.
Folic acid is also essential for all women who are attempting to conceive because it lowers the incidence of spina bifida, a congenital condition that affects babies.
- Dairy Products
Milk, cheese, and yogurt are all healthy dairy products that provide essential nutrients. According to one study, women who consume a lot of dairy products are more likely to have twins.
According to the study, growth hormones cause the release of the Insulin Growth Factor (IGF) hormone, which causes hyperovulation in women and multiple births.
It’s worth a shot, even though additional research is needed.
- Zinc-Rich Foods
Zinc helps both men and women become more fertile. It promotes sperm motility and increases sperm count, making twin conception easier.
Zinc is naturally found in oysters, crabs, shellfish, whole grains, legumes, and other foods. Zinc supplements are also available at drug stores and on the internet.
- Complex Carbohydrates
Adding complex carbohydrates like whole grains, legumes (cowpeas, chickpeas, lentils), sweet potatoes, and vegetables to your diet will help you conceive twins sooner than you think.
Fiber, folate, zinc, B-vitamins, calcium, and other minerals required for a healthy newborn are all found in complex carbs.
So go ahead and start eating them right now!
- Pineapple core
Pineapples are nutritious foods that aid in fertilization and conception.
Bromelain, an enzyme that reduces inflammation and improves blood flow to the uterus, is abundant in the core.
Eating a diet high in pineapple may increase your chances of having twins.
- Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables rich in nutrients that encourage twin conception include bananas, watermelon, kiwi, mangoes, cruciferous vegetables, and leafy greens.
Furthermore, consuming a variety of fruits and vegetables before and during pregnancy helps to keep your baby healthy.
Other factors that increase the likelihood of having twins
How To Get Pregnant with Twins? There are a number of other natural variables that can help you conceive twins.
- Weight: Women who are slightly overweight are thought to have a better chance of having twins.
- Genetics: Some people believe that parents can pass down the twin gene to their children.
- Height: According to one study, tall women have growth hormones that may make it easier for them to conceive twins.
- Breastfeeding: It is commonly believed that while breastfeeding, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) levels rise, causing hyperovulation and a high risk of fraternal twins.
- Environmental Factors: The residents of Igbo-Ora think that their high twin-birth rate is due to their water and soil.
- If You’ve Already Had Twins: If you’ve had twins before, you’re much more likely to have them again.
- Ethnicity: When compared to Caucasian and Asian women, African women have a higher probability of having twins.
- When you’re most fertile, mix things up in the Bedroom.
- Pure Luck: Many parents of multiples don’t fit any of the twinning criteria but end up with two infants without even trying. Monozygotic twins are especially unusual because no one knows what causes an egg to split after conception. It’s still a mystery.
How To Get Pregnant with Twins? Additional Ways to Increase the Chances of Having Twins
Certain medical procedures can help you increase your chances of having twins. However, if you’re thinking of using these methods, make sure to talk to your doctor first:
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation)
During IVF, the woman’s eggs are extracted and fertilized in the lab with her partner’s sperm. After the embryos have been produced, one or more are transplanted to the woman’s uterus in the hopes of a successful pregnancy.
Transferring numerous embryos, on the other hand, has been shown to result in multiple pregnancies (or twins). As a result, IVF treatment may be used to boost your chances of having twins.
- Fertility Treatment
Fertility medicines boost the number of eggs released by the ovaries, increasing the odds of pregnancy. This, on the other hand, raises the chances of additional eggs being fertilized, resulting in fraternal twins. Because fertility drugs can only be used in a set amount depending on your medical and physical health, you should visit a doctor before attempting to conceive twins using this approach.
There are a variety of factors that can influence your chances of having twins. However, you can try for twins by following some of the previous tips. Get in touch with your doctor if you want to learn more about conceiving twins.
Implications: Side Effects
Do you want to try for twins? There’s no surefire way to increase your chances, and even if there was, keep in mind that the risks and problems of multiple pregnancies are high. Preterm birth, low birth weight, hypertension, and miscarriage are all examples.
The Bottom Line on How to Get Pregnant with Twins?
There is no doubt that a number of factors contribute to twin pregnancies.
Adding nutritious meals to your everyday diet, on the other hand, will help you conceive and carry your twins to term.
Always remember to include meals high in important nutrients, minerals, and vitamins in your diet.