Nigerian Zobo Cocktail is a popular drink made from dried hibiscus leaves. It is a drink for young and old alike.
Zobo (Zoborodo) is an African beverage made from dried Roselle plant flowers. This drink is also known as Roselle drink and called Sorrel drink in the Caribbean.
Zobo has a sour taste so it can clash with sugars. Hence, it’s good to prepare my Nigerian Zobo Cocktail with natural ingredients as much as possible.
Therefore, I made use of only natural ingredients such as pineapple, banana, even watermelon when preparing this zobo wine.
Alternatively, you can add artificial flavors and sweeteners such as Nutri-C, sugar, or other sweeteners of choice if you wish.
Nigerian Zobo Cocktail will give you such a lovely feeling, you will not want to stop after a cup!
You can make it with organic hibiscus petals that contain lots of health benefits and fruit juices.
Healthy Nigerian Zobo Cocktail is delicious and easy to make and could help you to lose weight. One great health benefit of zobo for men is how it boosts fertility in men.
You can make a healthy zobo drink using 5 ingredients and here is how to prepare it.
Best Nigerian Zobo Cocktail Recipe
Ingredients for zobo Cocktail
- 2 cups of zobo (hibiscus) leaves
- 1 piece of pineapple
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Ginger Teeth (Optional)
- 2 pieces of lime
How to Prepare Zobo Cocktail Drinks
- Firstly, wash the hibiscus leaves to remove dust and peel, and then cut the pineapple into pieces.
- Secondly, put zobo in a saucepan and pour over 6 cups of water.
- Thirdly, add the pineapple pieces and simmer for a few minutes.
- Fourthly, peel and chop the ginger (optional) and grind your teeth. Pour into the pan and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Again, you may need to add some water, though it depends on the concentration you want. Remove from the jar and add honey.
- Then, stir and allow to cool, then spill the liquid. Pour the zobo into a glass and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours.
- Lastly, serve your frozen zobo with cookie slices or cookies. You may also decorate with lime wedges.