How to Make Homemade Coated Peanuts in Nigeria
How to Make Homemade Coated Peanuts in Nigeria, West Africa. Please watch this video on how to make commercial-coated peanuts
Coated peanuts are raw peanuts coated with a flour mixture before being fried in vegetable oil until golden brown. It is typically eaten as a snack or with drinks.
Coated Peanuts, also known as Peanut Burgers in Nigeria, are a popular Nigerian deep-fried snack similar to Nigerian buns, chin chin, puff puff, doughnut, and others.
It is made with flour, peanuts, and other ingredients before deep-frying in vegetable oil. To find out how I came up with this tasty homemade Crunchy coated peanuts recipe, please keep reading
Coated Peanuts in Nigeria ~ Tips for Making Coated Peanuts Burger Snacks
The groundnut can be eaten raw, roasted, or fried, depending on your preference. However, roasting or frying is preferable for removing the skin. Before coating with flour, it’s usually simple to peel back the brownish skin.
Coated Peanuts in Nigeria ~ Here’s how you can make your Coated Peanut at home.
How to Make Smooth Peanut Burger ~ How to Make Homemade Coated Peanut
This homemade coated peanut recipe is as tasty, soft, and crunchy as the burger-coated peanut snack.
Coated peanut is a Nigerian snack that many people enjoy. It’s made with groundnuts and the other ingredients listed below.
Ingredients for Homemade Coated Peanuts
- 2 cups raw groundnut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk flavor
- 1 cap liquid vanilla flavor
- 2 medium eggs
- Enough vegetable oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Firstly, remove the spoilt and broken groundnut and then, pour the good ones into a bowl, add hot water to the peanut, add enough salt to taste, and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Secondly, drain the soaked groundnuts in a sieve, then spread them out to dry in the sun.
- Thirdly, add powdered milk flavor and grated nutmeg into the bowl of sifted flour, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, break each egg into a clean plate and mix in the sugar, salt, and liquid vanilla flavor.
- After that, put the sun-dried groundnut into a dry bowl, and add the egg mixture big enough to coat the batch of groundnut you have in the bowl, mix,
- Then, add the flour mixture to the groundnut mixed with the egg mixture, and flip the groundnut with flour. Watch the video above this post to see how exactly it was done.
- Similarly, repeat the coating process about 4 times until you expend your flour and egg mixture and the peanut is well coated.
- Now, heat up the vegetable oil and fry. Keep stirring continuously to avoid getting burnt. It’s done when it’s golden brown.
- Lastly, transfer to a paper towel to drain excess oil, leave to cool completely, and store in an air-tight container.
Common Questions People Asked on How to Make Homemade Coated Peanut
What is peanut coating?
Raw peanuts are coated with a flour mixture before being fried until golden brown. It is typically eaten as a snack or with drinks before dinner.
What’s the difference between groundnuts and peanuts?
Peanut is a pea family plant that typically consists of peanut seeds that develop in pods that ripen underground.
Groundnut is a North American leguminous vine (Apios americana) of the pea family that produces a sweet edible tuber, also known as peanut.
How do you get started in the coated peanut business?
Starting a Peanut Business
- Learn the fundamentals of peanut production.
- Conduct additional research.
- Conduct a feasibility study.
- Carry out a market survey.
- Get your raw materials.
- Give it a brand name.
- Be the best.
- Go ahead, it’s the business time!
What is the coating on dry roasted peanuts?
Dry roasted peanuts with an adhesive coating of wheat gluten and salt
How to make peanuts step by step ~ how is peanut butter made step by step?
- Firstly, heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Secondly, spread a layer of peanuts on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- After that, place the warm peanuts in a food processor. Add the oil and process until smooth and shiny, adding more oil as needed. If necessary, add a little more oil. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Then add some salt and your sweetener of choice, if using, and process for another 1-2 minutes on high speed.
- Finally, pour the peanut butter into a clean jar.
What is the process for roasting peanuts?
In a roaster, peanuts are fed by a conveyor into a stream of countercurrent hot air that roasts the peanuts.
In this scheme, the peanuts are agitated to make sure that air passes around the individual kernels to aid an even roast. Dry roasted peanuts are then, cooled and blanched.
How to Make a Peanut Burger?
- Firstly, heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Secondly, spread a layer of peanuts on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- After that, place the warm peanuts in a food processor.
- Lastly, add the oil and process until smooth and shiny, adding more oil as needed.
How to Make Peanuts for Sale? How to Make Groundnuts for Sale?
- Firstly, wash and drain the water and then, add salt.
- Secondly, place them in a tray or on a flat surface in an open area or under the sun to dry and allow the salt to penetrate deeply into the groundnut.
- After that, heat a frying pan over medium heat, then add the garri/salt/fine sand and allow it to warm slightly.
- Lastly, pour in the groundnut and stir intermittently until it turns brown.
Flour-coated peanuts ~ What are coated peanuts made of?
Raw peanuts are coated with a flour mixture before being fried until golden brown. It is usually enjoyed as a snack
Calories in Coated Peanuts ~ Coated Peanut’s calories
Sugar-coated Peanuts (1 oz) have 13.4g total carbs, 12.3g net carbs, 9.6g fat, 4.4g protein, and 148 calories.
How many calories are in one hundred roasted peanuts?
Dry Roasted Unsalted Peanuts contain 585 calories per 100 grams.
Other common serving sizes