Natural Ways to Remove Facial Scars Fast at Home
- Facial Scars: natural ways to get rid of old scars on Nigerian faces using the treatment and home remedies
- How to remove scars from the face permanently with Treatments, Procedures, and Home Remedies
- Anti-Aging Face Mask to Make You Look Ten Years Younger
- DIY Honey Face Mask Recipe for Glowing Skin
- Charcoal Face Mask Recipe – Blackheads Be Gone!
- DIY Citric Acid Face Mask Recipe – Organic
What is a Scar? Facial Scars
The tissue growth that marks the spot where a wound has healed is referred to as a scar. Do you know that a scar is frequently thought to be worse than the pain of an injury?
This is particularly aggravating when the scar is on the face. The tissue growth that marks the spot where a wound has healed is referred to as a scar.
A scar can form as a result of a variety of factors, including infection, injury, surgery, acne, skin rashes like chickenpox, and other types of inflammation.
Scars are the result of your body’s attempt to mend a rupture in your skin or deeper tissues. A scar is usually harmless, however, it can itch or hurt at times.
The treatment of a scar is determined by the etiology, type of scar, and severity of the scar. A Facial scar may be of any of the following types:
- Hypertrophic scar: These scars are elevated above the skin’s surface but do not expand beyond the site of the damage. Steroid injections or laser surgery may be used to treat them.
- Keloid scar: A keloid scar is similar to a hypertrophic scar in that it is elevated due to excessive tissue growth, but it extends beyond the injury site.
People with darker complexions are more likely to get these scars. Treatment options include pressure treatment, steroid injections, radiation, and cryotherapy, depending on the severity of the condition.
- Contracture: A contracture scar can be debilitating because it creates skin tightness (contracture), impairing mobility. They usually occur as a result of a burn injury.
- Acne scar: Acne scars can be shallow or deep, depending on the severity of the acne. Depending on the degree of the scar, different treatments are used.
Because scar therapy differs depending on a variety of circumstances, you should see your dermatologist determine the best course of action.
Though there are a variety of home remedies for scar therapy, you should see your doctor see which ones you should attempt.
You might use the following home treatments to help you manage your facial scars:
- Aloe vera gel is well-known for its anti-inflammatory and healing capabilities.
Firstly, apply a small amount of pure aloe vera gel on your facial scars and massage it gently.
Then, allow 30 minutes to pass before washing your face. Alternatively, you can add two to three drops of tea tree oil to the gel and apply it in the same manner.
- Coconut oil hydrates and nourishes your skin.
Firstly, apply 3-5 g of extra-virgin coconut oil to your facial scars and massage it in. After that, you are free to leave it for as long as you choose.
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV): Because of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial characteristics, it is a great acne treatment. Combine one part apple cider vinegar and one part water in a mixing glass.
With the help of a cotton ball, apply it to your facial scars. Finally, allow for 10-15 minutes before washing your face.
- Potato juice: it is high in antioxidants and can help with scarring and dark spots.
Firstly, squeeze the liquid from a grated potato into a bowl using a cotton cloth.
Then, apply this juice to your facial scars and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
Also, a tiny slice of potato can be placed on the scarred areas of the face.
- Raw honey and milk mask:
Firstly, mix a teaspoon of raw milk with a teaspoon of raw honey.
Then, make a paste with the ingredients and apply it to your facial scars. After 30 minutes, wash. It helps to keep your skin clear and smooth.
- Honey and lemon juice mask:
Firstly, mix a teaspoon of raw honey with an equal quantity of lemon juice and apply it to your facial scars. After 30 minutes, wash.
- Facial scars cream
Topical treatments, such as vitamin E, cocoa buttercream, onion extract products, silicone gel, and several commercial skincare products like Vaseline and Aquaphor that are sold over the counter may be somewhat effective in assisting to heal scars.
- Roast turmeric powder (not packaged turmeric available in markets, but turmeric used on the face) and mix it with desi ghee to remove scars produced by accidents.
With the help of your fingertips, carefully apply this to your scars. In about 20 minutes, wash it off.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medications: If your scar itches, you can use OTC antihistamines to keep it from scratching.
Scar removal may be aided by over-the-counter steroid creams. Silicone gel can be put to scars to speed up healing and reduce scarring.
If the scars are deeper, a licensed dermatologist may treat them with lasers, chemical peels, dermabrasion methods, micro-needling, punch excision, or fillers. Getting a consultation might aid in the scar’s professional management.