Pumpkin pie spice, also known as pumpkin spice, is an American spice mix commonly used as an ingredient in pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin spice is similar to the British and Commonwealth mixed spice.
What’s Pumpkin Pie Spice?
It is generally a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice. Wikipedia
Spice up your life with freshly homemade pumpkin spice.
A freshly ground spice is way better than ground spices that have been sitting in the store for weeks.
While store-bought is convenient, it’s nice to make your spiced pumpkin blend. Customize the flavor by simply increasing your favorite spices and decreasing ones that are not preferred.
Uses of Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- Homemade pumpkin spice costs less than buying a jar at the store.
- It’s super easy to make. You only need 5 minutes and 5 spices extract to create your batch of Pumpkin Spice.
- Nothing feels better than eating your prepared recipe.
- Also, you can make smaller batches, which helps the spices keep their flavor.
- You can turn it to a business and make some money if you’ve got good taste!
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice can be a substitute for store-bought pumpkin pie spice or as a blend to prepare spiced nut recipe.
- Above all, you can also give it as a gift! How much to spice it up, just the way you like it.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
I’m sharing this simple DIY on how to make a pumpkin spice recipe so you can learn to make it at home.
What Is In Pumpkin Spice: Ingredients?
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Firstly, add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Then, store in an airtight container until ready to use
Nutrition Facts: Pumpkin Spice Calories
1/4 teaspoon: 1 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
- You can amp up the cloves and ginger for a sharper flavor, or the cinnamon, for a softer, cozier spice mix.
Make Pumpkin Spice today and share the love this valentine season!