Vegan Pumpkin Pie is a must-try dessert for the holidays and anytime you’re craving for a good pumpkin treat!
Traditional pumpkin pies start with the classic butter-flour crust, and the Vegan Pumpkin Pie filling often includes purée, cream, eggs, sugar, and spices.
Pumpkin Pie can be seen as the little black dress of desserts that you can dress up or dress down.
No whip, it’s fundamentally a vegetable pie (day wear) and whip or a la mode, it becomes a decadent spiced dessert, for the twilight hours.
What is overwhelming about pumpkin pie is that it’s not sickly sweet.
It’s perfectly sweet, and wonderfully textured, but not super sweet.
Like with just about anything, to make a vegan version it’s easier than you might think
This easy pumpkin pie simply uses vegan butter in the crust.
For this recipe, we’re keeping it vegan, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened.
Best Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This classic Thanksgiving or holiday dessert is a vegan whole food.
Made using simple, healthy ingredients like pumpkin purée, cashews, and spice
You can either use a store-bought uncooked pie crust OR make your homemade vegan pie crust recipe
Above all, this tastes best when made ahead of time making perfect for a stress-free dessert.
- Vegan pie crust
1½ cups cashews (soaked overnight or for at least 3 to 4 hours)
1 can unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup maple syrup
Vegan whipped cream (optional)
- Firstly, place the filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Secondly, put the mixture in the pie crust and bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes.
- After that, allow to cool and then, top with vegan whipped cream and serve!
How Long Will My Vegan Pumpkin Pie Last In The Fridge?
- Firstly, preserve the leftover freshly baked pumpkin pie loosely covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- To freeze, let the whole pie completely cool.
- After that, wrap it in several layers of plastic wrap or with aluminum foil
- Then even a layer of foil to protect it from freezer burn.