Roast Turkey Breast is an easy way to enjoy turkey without having to roast a whole bird when hosting a smaller get together for events like Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.
Also, you can prepare it any time of the year when a craving for easy homemade turkey. Do not bother with a whole turkey-just roast a turkey breast!
A 4-5 pound turkey breast will feed six to eight people, it’s a cinch to carve, and it’s perfect for making sandwiches the next day.
However, turkey isn’t just for sandwiches any longer.
Turkey has more to contribute than just a side dish to mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy. Especially when you cook it as a roast turkey breast like this easy-to-make recipe
Roast turkey breast is the perfect option – it is super flavorful, quick-cooking, and festive for a holiday meal.
This easy recipe comes out tender and juicy every time. There’s no flipping upside down, no basting, no fuss.
How to Cook a Turkey Breast
Roast turkey breast recipe is the answer to getting beautiful turkey meat without too much hassle.
This recipe starts with a seasoned butter which is made with a variety of fresh minced herbs, garlic, and seasonings.
Everything gets mixed and the butter is rubbed both on top of and beneath the skin of the turkey.
Then roast the turkey first at high heat to crisp the skin, and at a lower heat to cook everything thoroughly.
Roast Turkey Breast Recipe
The best way to cook roast turkey breast isn’t in the crock-pot, but in the oven instead, and it only takes 30 minutes to cook!
- 4 to 5-pound boneless turkey breast, skin on
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Firstly, preheat oven to 450°F.
- Secondly, place the turkey breast onto a 12-inch skillet.
- Then, brush the turkey all over with the melted butter and then sprinkle with the salt and black pepper.
- After that, roast the turkey until an internal thermometer reaches 165ºF, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Finally, remove the turkey from the oven and tent with foil to rest for about 15 minutes before serving.
Roasted Turkey Breast Variations
- Nigerian suya spiced roasted turkey breast:
Allow the white turkey meat thaw completely in the fridge for about 48 hours.
Then marinate (with suya spice and yogurt) and allow resting for another 48 plus hours.
The result is a perfectly seasoned spicy turkey.
- Mexican Turkey Breast: Blend the softened butter with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and lime zest.
- Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Breast: Wrap six-eight bands of bacon around the turkey breast until covered. This works best without the turkey skin.
- Cajun Turkey Breast: Combine the softened butter with Cajun seasoning.
- Maple Turkey Breast: Put two tablespoons of maple syrup to the butter mix.