Vodka cocktail remains one of the world’s top-selling spirits. Even though for years, many old fashioned cocktail bars declined to carry vodka brands, its popularity continues to soar. Now even the most ardent critics have at least one bottle of vodka on the back bar.
Table of Contents
What Is Vodka Cocktail?
Vodkas are the neutral spirit with no distinctive flavor, aroma, color or character. The most common base products of vodka drink are potatoes and grain (primarily barley or wheat, although sometimes rye or corn).
Vodka is the most mixed drink and beneficial liquor in the bar. It is a clear distilled alcoholic beverage that pairs well with any flavor, from sweet to savory and dry to spicy.
In addition, it is used in several cocktail recipes that why it differs greatly in flavor, ingredients, and style, so there is a vodka cocktail for everyone.
Vodka’s history is insipid. Little is known about the spirit’s origins, nonetheless, Poland claims to be the spirit’s home, with dwellers there first distilling something vodka-like in the 8th century
How Many Calories Does Vodka Have?
The alcohol is the only source of calories in vodka. A 1.5-ounce serving of plain, 80-proof (40 percent) vodka contains 96 calories, and a 1-ounce serving contains 64 calories. Source: (USDA).
When equated with beers, ciders, and wines, vodka is fairly low in calories. It is also free from carbohydrates, which may interest some people who are dieting.
The Best Vodka to Buy, According To Your Favorite Vodka Drink
- Vodka tonic: reyka.
- Moscow mule: Smirnoff.
- Fruit-tinis: ketel one.
- Fruity highballs: Tito’s handmade vodka.
- Cosmopolitan: Absolut citron.
- Bloody Mary: industry standard.
- White Russian: aermoor.
- Vodka martini: Chopin.
Vodka Cocktail Mixed Drinks
These mixers range in flavor from spicy to sour to sweet and will make you think about vodka in a new light.
If you are looking to add a little sweetness to your vodka libation but do not want a sugar overload, freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice is your best friend.
There is a reason why the Moscow mule is one of the most cocktail vodka drinks around right now. Its mix of vodka, bright lime juice, and spicy-sweet ginger beer is a true crowd-pleaser,
While you could take the time to make your own lemonade from scratch, we find that simply lemonade always does the trick.
No more billionaire vodka, when you can make cheap vodka at home, experiment with the drink by muddling fruit (like cranberries) or fresh herbs into it.
Fans of the cosmopolitan know cranberry juice make an outstanding mixer for vodka, especially when you use the tart, natural stuff.
This juice is waiting to bring all the tropical vibes and give your vodka a fruity edge that goes in the opposite direction of caviar and blinis
If you love the clean taste of a classic vodka soda but are longing for something a bit more interesting, then turn to the tonic.
Easy vodka cocktails mixed with orange juice are refreshing and perfectly balanced when made with the freshly squeezed stuff.
4 Vodka Cocktail Recipes You Can Make In Minutes
These are the most popular great cocktails made with vodka to try at home. Afterwards, you will never think of the clear stuff the same way again.
- Appletini/ Apple Martini
- firstly, combine 50 ml vodka, 50 ml cloudy apple juice, 1 tsp. Lemon juice and 1 tsp. Maple syrup in an ice-filled shaker,
- Then, shake until the outside of the shaker feels very cold.
- Finally, strain into a martini glass and then, garnish with a slice of apple.
- Tito’s Bloody Mary
- 5 oz. Tito’s handmade vodka
- 3-4 oz. Your favorite bloody Mary mix
- Garnish such as celery, olives, dill pickles, bacon and/or smoked sausage
- Firstly, combine Tito’s handmade vodka, bloody Mary mix, and ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Then, shake well and pour everything into a glass.
- Finally, add your favorite garnishes. Enjoy!
Courtesy of Tito’s vodka
- Absolut Vodka Gimlet
- 1 ½ oz. Absolut vodka
- ¾ oz. Lime cordial
How to Make
- Firstly, fill a rocks glass with ice cubes and then, add all the ingredients.
- Then, garnish with a lime wedge.
- Svedka Mule
- 2 parts svedka
- 2 lime wedges
- 4 parts ginger beer
- Firstly, squeeze lime wedges into a collins glass and fill with ice.
- Secondly, pour in svedka vodka and then top with cold ginger beer.
- Finally, garnish with lime wedges.
Courtesy of svedka
It is an Italian-American cuisine made from a smooth tomato sauce, typical Italian herbs vodka, and heavy cream, which gives the sauce its unique orange coloration. It is a key ingredient in penne Alla vodka.
Vodka Sauce Recipe
Tomato sauce, vodka, heavy cream, typical Italian herbs
- Firstly, sauté onion in butter over medium heat, until translucent.
- Secondly, pour in the vodka and cook for 10 minutes. Then, mix in crushed tomatoes and cook for 30 minutes.
- Finally, pour in heavy cream and cook for another 30 minutes.