Best Curry Goat Recipe | Cook Like A Caribbean
Curry Goat is an amazing sauce made with goat meat that is intriguing and spicy without being overly hot.
It is widely consumed in the Caribbean (Jamaican) and Africa.
Nigerian goat curry is a tasty dish made with the best goat meat and stock. Then, seasoned with herbs, slow cook till soft with all the flavorful juices and prepared into a sauce.
Goat meat never disappoints when it comes to adding intense flavors to soups, stews, and curries.
Goat meat is a must-have in most Nigerian parties, ceremonies, festive periods and weddings.
It is one of the most popular lean meats with saturated fat making it great a diet.
There are so many ways to prepare goat meat; however, curry goat is my new favorite way of enjoying goat meat.
Be careful when shopping for goat meat the older the goat the gamier it will taste.
The female species are less gamey while the male has a solid gamey taste.
I think it’s better to get organic goat meat because it is lean and full of flavor.
Just as stubborn as the live goat is, one of the disadvantages of cooking goat meat is that it takes an incredible amount of time to get tender.
But, you can reduce the cooking time using a pressure cooker.
The stew is better the day after, or even several days after, the day you made it.
Curry Goat Recipe: How to Make Curry Goat
Our tasty goat curry recipe is packed full of flavor and spiced to perfection.
Learn how to make this comforting and extremely tasty traditional Jamaican curry goat recipe at the comfort of your home using our step-by-step guide.
- 2 ½-3 pounds goat meat cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- One teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 Roma tomatoes diced
- 3-4 teaspoons curry powder
- One teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper to suit taste buds or replace it with any hot pepper.
- One tablespoon Bouillon Maggie optional
How to Make Curry Goat Meat Sauce
- Firstly, boil the goat meat with salt, pepper and some chopped onions in a medium pot until tender.
1 a. it takes approximately 60-90 minutes or more, depending on how you like your goat cooked. Use the pressure cooker to shorten the process.
1 b. then, reserve the stock for later use.
- Secondly, add ¼ cup oil to the pan, then, add the chopped onions, garlic, and ginger,
- Thirdly, pan-fry the vegetables for a while to add flavor to the oil and then, add meat. Then, fry until lightly browned for about 5-10 minutes.
- After that, add blended peppers (habanero, tomatoes, bell pepper) curry, white pepper, and thyme. Turn the pot frequently to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pot
- Then, add salt and seasoning with about a cup of stock. Bring to boiling and let simmer to blend in all the flavors. Stir intermittently and add water as needed
- Lastly, add green onions. Then, adjust seasonings and sauce consistency
Serve warm with rice & peas, potatoes and yam or with a green salad.
Curry Goat Delivery near Me | Best Restaurant and Deals
Get Curried Goat delivered from local favorites; find your favorite curry goat delivery near you in Lagos, Nigeria.