One of Nigerian top dessert that is very popular is goat meat pepper soup.
There are several other Nigeria top dessert recipes but goat meat pepper soup surpasses them in terms of popularity.
This top dessert can be made at home as well served in a restaurant.
Goat meat pepper soup is simply goat meat in a spiced broth, eaten alone or with boiled white rice or yam, agidi (Igbo) or eko (Yoruba) balls made from corn flour (my favourite), potatoes or plantain.
This top dessert soup does not take time and is very simple to prepare.
Goat meat pepper soup is not only one of Nigeria’s top dessert but also an ultimate comfort food.
While growing up, my mother usually gives my siblings and me this peppery soup when we were down with cold or flu and it works.
A healthy soup that gives warmth and is delicious to taste. Nigeria is truly blessed with food, soups and stews are a significant component of our cuisine and we have lots of them.
Apart from this top dessert, we also have healthy comfort soups like Ogbono soup, Okro soup, Efo riro, and many others.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for top dessert Goat meat pepper soup
- 1kg Goat Meat (with skin cut into pieces)
- 4 Ehu seeds or Calabash Nutmeg.
- Habanero Pepper
- A few scent leaves and utazi leaves
- 2 medium onions
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 big stock cubes
Top dessert Goat meat pepper soup- prep step
- Clean your meat and cut into small size pieces
- Roast, Peel and grind the ehuru seeds. Roasting releases the aroma.
- Cut the onions into tiny pieces and set aside.
- Pick and wash the scent leaves, the same applies to utazi leaves (Gongronema latifolium), I added utazi leaves because of its health benefits and for that bittersweet taste and aroma.
Make the Top Dessert
- Put all the meat in the pot, cook with meat ingredients-stock cubes, onions and salt. Add all the spices-grounded Ehuru seed, goat meat pepper soup spice, Habanero pepper. Pour water to cover the meat and starts cooking.
- Once the soup is done, cut scent leaves and Utazi leaves and put in the soup.
- Gently stir, cover the pot and let it simmer for 5 minutes and your soup is done.
- Serve sizzling hot with Agidi and Enjoy!
This top dessert is so simple, and it comes out great every time. You can adjust for ground pepper depending on how peppery you want your soup to be.
COLD AND FLU BYE BYE