Cake without Oven – Easy Cake Recipe without an Oven
Cake without Oven is a technique I’ve used over a gazillion times particularly in the village where electricity and gas are scarce.
The benefit of Cake without an Oven is that you won’t have to worry about power outages or opening the electric oven door. It’s also a great way to save money on gas.
Cake baking, like baking equipment, has been around for decades.
Also with the latest technologies, we can still revert to traditional baking methods if we run out of electricity or gas, or if our conventional ovens fail us.
Cake without Oven Recipe
This modern pot baking method differs from the traditional sand-based pot baking method in that it does not use sand.
Please Read: Cake Making In Nigeria: A Step By Step Guide
I’m not sure if it’s just me, but sand gives whatever you’re baking a strange dusty flavor.
You’ll need the following items to bake a cake without using an oven:
Cake without Oven Kitchen Utensils
- 1 pot made of aluminum (An old one preferably)
- A baking pan or flat aluminum tray
- Queen cake cups
- A Stove / Gas / Electric cooker
Cake without Oven Procedure
- Firstly, place the pot on the burner (Stove, Gas, or electric cooker) and reduce to medium heat
- If you’re making big “whole” cakes, turn the aluminum plate upside down and put it in the pot.
- If you want to make cupcakes, you’ll need to use a clean plate instead of the aluminum plate. Use a baking pan with a greater surface area.
- After that, use a baking pan with a greater surface area. Baking Sheets can be used to line your Queen cupcake pans.
- If you don’t have baking sheets, just grease the cupcake pans with margarine and flour.
This would make the cakes come out easily once done.
- Now, place the cupcakes on top of the baking pan that has been turned upside down and cover.
- DO NOT OPEN THE POT WHEN THE CAKES ARE BAKNGI, AS THIS WILL CAUSE THE CAKES NOT TO RISE. Just remove the lid once the baking time has passed.
- After about 15 minutes, open the pot and test for doneness by dipping a skewer/toothpick into the middle.
- If the skewer comes out clean, the cake is finished baking; however, if the skewer comes out moist, continue baking and test with the skewer again after 5 minutes.
- Finally, remove the cake from the hot pot and set it aside to cool for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a cake rack or tray.
Serve and have fun!