Pepper Soup African is prepared using various meats or Fish of choice, chili peppers, and spices as primary ingredients. It is a spicy soup that has a light, watery texture.
What is Pepper Soup African?
A popular West African hot broth soup that is spicy and made from stock and spices. Assorted meat African Pepper Soup is legendary. Seriously!
The broth from these assorted Meats is further seasoned with authentic African spices.
If you have flu, pepper soup African becomes your soul mate to go to; the hotness and spiciness of this soup will stimulate your taste buds.
Let’s just say Pepper soup African is bae.
Pepper soup Nigerian is one delicacy that indicates celebration. Assorted Meat Pepper Soup is a popular Nigerian soup recipe.
It is prepared with a wide variety of meats but typically a cow or goat parts.
Assorted Meat Pepper soup is commonly served at restaurants, bars, and parties and honestly, no party will be complete without it on the menu.
You can prepare Nigerian pepper soup with different types of meat or fish and serve in parties, restaurants, and bars as an appetizer or eat it as a meal.
There are many types of pepper soup named by the meat used in preparing it.
It can be served with boiled Potatoes, Rice, Bread or just eat it the way it is.
Pepper Soup ingredient which gives this recipe its distinctive flavor and taste, is truly a kept secret but exposed today.
How to make Nigerian / African assorted meat pepper soup
Find below my take on assorted meat pepper soup. Recipe:
- 2 lbs of assorted meat (goat meat, cow foot, and shaki)
- 2 tbsp of pepper soup spice (for marinating)
- 2-3 tbsps pepper soup spice for cooking(you may use more or less)
- 6 ehuru seeds toasted and grinded (optional)
- 1 tsp of crayfish
- 4 Habenero peppers or Ata-rodo
- I small onion
- 1-2 bouillon cubes
- salt to taste
- 1 medium to large Uyayak pod (Aiden fruit) (optional)
- ½ tbsp. of utazi
- 1 tbsp of palm oil or vegetable oil
- Firstly, wash and drain meat. Then toast the ehuru seeds in a pan and blend with the peppers and onions.
- Secondly, season the meats with salt, pepper soup spice, the blended mix, and the seasoning cubes.
- Thirdly, work the blend and seasonings into the meat. Cover with a Food plastic wrap and let it marinate for an hour; then transfer the meat into a soup pot.
- After that, start first by cooking the cow foot as it is tougher meat. When halfway cooked or nearly done, add the other meats.
- Then, put more water up to the level of the meats; along with the remaining 3 tbsps of pepper soup spice.
- Though optional-drop the uyayak pods into the soup mix and cook until the meat is tender.
- Then, adjust for seasoning if needed.
- Lastly, once the meat is tender, stir in the crayfish oil and utazi. Check for seasonings and serve hot