Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots Recipe
Looking for a unique cocktail to wow your friends with? Try a shot of Cinnamon Toast Crunch! Yes, you read that correctly.
RumChata and Fireball whisky are used to make a cocktail inspired by the sugary cereal. What is the flavor of it?
Pretty much what you’d expect. Creamy, obscenely sweet, and bursting with spicy cinnamon flavor
This isn’t our usual cocktail vibe, but we had a bottle of Fireball on hand and were intrigued.
The Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots is a RumChata and Fireball whisky cocktail with a cinnamon sugar rim.
The result is a creamy drink that tastes like the same-named sweet cereal, which was inspired by RumChata’s flavor.
Overview Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots
In college, Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots were my go-to cereal for late-night studying (we can call it an addiction).
We knew we had to try this shot when we had some Fireball whisky to use up! Here’s what we thought:
- It’s extremely sweet. As in, it’s a tad too sweet! To enjoy this, you must be a big fan of sweet drinks or beverages
- Add some ice to dilute the flavors. We enjoy it as a slow sipper with ice, which helps to soften the drink.
- Do it for the novelty…on occasion. It’s fun to try something new, but this isn’t something we’d drink on a regular basis. There are so many more fantastic cocktails to choose from!
It can be served as a shot or as a slow sipper over ice. What you’ll need is the following:
- Fireball whisky – a cinnamon-flavored whisky
- RumChata – a cinnamon-flavored cream liqueur
- Granulated sugar and cinnamon
What exactly is Fireball?
It’s a cinnamon whiskey with some sweeteners added. It tastes a little like RedHots candy to me.
People drink it straight, but I prefer it mixed in a shot like this RumChata. Try combining it with cola, apple cider, hot chocolate, or cranberry juice.
More information on Fireball whisky
Is Fireball whisky, in fact, whisky? Here’s what you need to know about the bottle and why you should get one for your collection:
- Fireball Cinnamon Whisky is a blend of Canadian whisky and cinnamon flavoring that was created in the 1980s in Canada.
- It began as part of Seagram’s flavored schnapps line and is now produced by the Sazerac Company.
- Can you describe the flavor? Fireball whisky has a sweet flavor with a strong cinnamon candy and spicy whiskey finish.
- What is Fireball’s ABV? The ABV of Fireball is 33%. Fireball isn’t technically whiskey because it doesn’t meet the 40 percent ABV requirement.
- It’s a specialty distilled liquor or flavored whiskey. It’s so sweet that it reminds me of a liqueur!
What exactly is RumChata?
This cream-based liqueur was introduced to me by my sister a few years ago.
Caribbean rum, real dairy cream, cinnamon, and sugar are the main ingredients. It’s silky smooth and milky, with a hint of bourbon. Horchata has a similar flavor.
RumChata is delicious straight from the bottle, but it also works well in shots and cocktails. Coffee, hot chocolate, cola, root beer, and, of course, Fireball go well together.
Everything about Rumchata
Is it worthwhile to purchase a bottle of RumChata for this cocktail? Here’s some more information:
RumChata is a Caribbean rum, cream, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla cream liqueur made in Wisconsin. Baileys Irish Cream is similar, but Baileys is made in Ireland with Irish whiskey.
Horchata, a creamy drink made with soaked rice or almonds and cinnamon that resembles milk, was the inspiration for RumChata.
Rumchata, on the other hand, contains real dairy…and rum!
- It does not contain horchata, despite the name on the bottle (read more here).
- Can you describe the flavor? RumChata has a sweet, creamy flavor with hints of cinnamon and dark rum on the finish. It can be used similarly to Baileys. If you enjoy sweet drinks, pick up a bottle.
Is RumChata required to be kept refrigerated?
RumChata does not require refrigeration. The rum has homogenized the cream, and the alcohol serves as a preservative.
Because the cream has been homogenized with the rum, the alcohol acts as a preservative, this is a cream-based drink that does not need to be refrigerated.
Simply store in a cool, dark location with a temperature of 50-75 degrees F.
What can you do with it now?
Try a RumChata White Russian or a RumChata Coffee.
Does it spoil?
An unopened bottle can last for several years while an opened bottle lasts for about 9 months to a year.
- If you prefer a cold shot, combine the RumChata and Fireball in a shaker with ice and shake for 30 seconds before pouring into glasses.
- Add a splash of vanilla vodka for a little extra vanilla flavor.
- Crush Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal and use it to rim shot glasses or sprinkle on top of the drink for a true cereal flavor.
A larger cocktail glass can also be used for this. To 1 part Fireball, add 2-3 parts RumChata.
With the addition of pudding, you can turn this drink into a dessert.
Combine 2 (3.5 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix, 1.5 cups milk, 1/2 cup Fireball, and 1 cup RumChata in a mixing bowl. Pour into shot glasses and place in the refrigerator until set. Yum! These are entertaining to serve at a gathering.
If you’re a bartender, you should use Fireball or one of the better Fireball alternatives I’ve listed below as the cinnamon-flavored whiskey. It’s exactly what customers expect.
If you’re making this at home and can’t find Fireball, try Catch Fire Cinnamon Whisky, Revel Stoke Flavored Whisky, or Sunfire Cinnamon Whisky instead. Any of these options will suffice.
However, I prefer Fireball or my own homemade version.
You can make your own cinnamon whiskey, right?
This is a simple way to improve the flavor of a bottle of average whiskey. It’s very straightforward. Simply take a bottle of whiskey and add about 10 cinnamon sticks to it.
Wait a few days for the flavor to pervade the whiskey, and you’ve got yourself a bottle of Fireball for half the price.
You can do the same thing with rum and it will taste almost identical to a cinnamon-flavored whiskey.
And the stronger the cinnamon flavor is, the longer it sits in the whiskey.
So, when the whiskey has reached your desired level of cinnamon flavor, drain it into another bottle and leave it there.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots Recipe
A nostalgic shot from the days of scraped knees and cinnamon toast crunch cereal. For the milk, whipped cream is included.
- 1 part cinnamon whiskey
- shot glass
- small plate or saucer
- 1 part RumChata
- 1 part Cinnamon & Sugar mixed together
- Optional whipped cream
- Optional cinnamon toast crunch pieces
- Firstly, in a saucer, combine a barspoon of cinnamon and sugar and stir well. This is going to be the rim garnish.
- Next, dip your finger in some water and place it in your shot glass.
- Wet your finger and run it around the outside of the shot glass, just wet enough to stick the sugar and cinnamon to the glass without dripping down the sides.
- Dip the shot glass’s rim in the mixture. Set the shot glass aside once it has been “rimmed.”
- Fill your bar shaker halfway with ice. The ice is only there to cool the shot; it will not be in your drink.
- Mix one part of cinnamon-flavored whiskey and one part of Rum Cata together. (Each “part” should be about half a shot.)
- Then, cover your shaker with a glass or something to allow the alcohol to be shaken for a few seconds.
- You’re simply chilling the shot here; do not attempt shaking for too long or the shot will become watery.
- Lastly, using your Hawthorne strainer, strain the bourbon into the shot glass. Then, serve
- Top the shot with a dollop of whipped cream. The stuff that comes out of a can is my favorite (Cool Whip).
- 2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal pieces, crushed into a fine powder
- Top the whipped cream with a pinch of crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Ceareal.
More info Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots
Alcohols: Cinnamon Whiskey, Rum, Rumchata
Mixers: Cereal, Whipped Cream
Category: Creamy Shot
Flavor: Cinnamon, Creamy Sweet
Brands of Cinnamon Whiskey to Try
- Fireball Whisky with cinnamon
- Cinnamon Whisky by Catch Fire
- Whisky with a Revel Stoke flavor
- Cinnamon Angels & Demons
- Cinnamon Whiskey Magma Flame
- Easy Cinnamon Sunfire Whiskey
Alternatives to RumChata
- Coco Batida Mangaroca
- Rhum Orovana Cream Liqueur
- Sangster’s or O’Riley’s Rum Cream
- Kuba Ponche
So, in the comments below, tell me if you think this is the best cinnamon toast crunch recipe you’ve ever seen. I’d love to hear what you think!
It’s great as a shot or in a cocktail with ice.
What makes the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots so appealing?
It can be taken as a shot or mixed into a cocktail. Here are some thoughts on this:
- Fill a small glass halfway with ice. Drinking over ice dilutes the flavors and helps to achieve a better balance (see below). This is how we prefer it.
- Alternatively, a shot glass can be used. We can see why people take this drink as a shot because it is so sweet.
Allow any excess sugar water to drip off the shot glasses before dipping them in the cinnamon and sugar.
This will keep the cinnamon sugar mixture from dripping down the glass’s side.
For a larger cocktail, make this shot in a rocks cocktail glass. Pour the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cocktail over the ice in a rocks glass.
To fill the rocks glass, you’ll need to double the recipe.
If you want a stronger vanilla flavor, try adding Vanilla Vodka.
If you want to experience the difference between the two,
your favorite cereal, and for this dessert shot, a small plate of Cinnamon Toast Crunch to try after you’ve finished the shot.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pudding Shot
With the addition of pudding, you can turn this drink into a dessert.
Combine 2 (3.5 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix, 1.5 cups milk, 1/2 cup Fireball, and 1 cup RumChata in a mixing bowl.
Pour into shot glasses and place in the refrigerator until set.
Yum! These are entertaining to serve at a gathering.
Recipe for Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Tasty and delightful Cinnamon Toast Crunch Drink Recipes
Unless otherwise stated, all of the recipes yield one serving.
Many of these drinks are designed to taste like the milk at the bottom of a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal bowl, while others are more subtle.
Whatever your taste, I’m confident that there’s a Cinnamon Toast Crunch drink here to suit your needs!
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch On The Rocks
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Martini
- The Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktail
- Bourbon Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktail
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milkshake
- Easy cinnamon Toast Crunch Float
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shooter
- Easy Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktail with Baileys
- Boozy Cinnamon Toast Crunch Jello
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pudding Shots
- Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Stout Milkshake
Frequently Asked Questions on Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots
What is the alcohol content of a RumChata shot? Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots
Rum Chata (Horchata Con Ron) (13.75 percent ABV/ 27.5 proof, $23) has cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, rice, and cream aroma.
What liquor contains cinnamon? Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots
Products. Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, Red Stag Spiced by Jim Beam, DeKuyper’s Hot Damn!, Sinfire, Gold Strike, and Tennessee Fire by Jack Daniels are all cinnamon-flavored liqueurs.
Gold leaf snippets can be found in some brands, such as Goldschlager and cinnamon Schnapps.
Does cinnamon dissolve in alcohol? Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots
Cinnamon will not dissolve, as previously stated.
I recommend making cinnamon and vanilla sugar because you need both cinnamon and vanilla flavoring in what appears to be a large amount of sugar.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch has a low-calorie count. True/False
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Reduced Sugar Cereal has only two grams of sugar per serving, as well as 12 vitamins and minerals and 110 calories.
It’s crunchy whole wheat and rice cereal with a delicious cinnamon flavor.
Can you shake a Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots?
If you want to enjoy the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots more slowly, you can shake it with ice and strain it into a couple of shot glasses, knocking the drink back quickly in one go.
Cinnamon toast crunch shot Variations
- Cinnamon toast crunch shot with vanilla vodka
- Easy Cinnamon toast crunch shot without rumchata
- The cinnamon toast crunch shot with baileys
- Cinnamon toast crunch shot the tipsy bartender
- Cinnamon toast crunch shot Goldschlager
- The cinnamon toast crunch shot butterscotch