Cup to Gram Measurements: Cooking Measurement/Conversion
Cup to Gram Measurements ~ Cooking Measurement & Conversion
Depending on the recipe, you can use this chart to convert measurements from cups to grams and ounces. Measuring your ingredients by weight (grams) can aid in the accuracy of your ingredient amounts.
- Cup to Gram Measurements: Cooking Measurement/Conversion
- How Many Teaspoons In A Tablespoon
- How many ml in a shot? Standard Shot Size | Drinking limit
- How Many Ounces in A Cup: Liquid and Dry Conversions?
Cup to Gram Measurements
Because it’s difficult to write standard measurements for a general audience, especially when universal cup sizes differ in most regions of the world, including Nigeria, I’ve decided to create this page where all conversion questions can be directed.
How many grams are in 1 cup? Cup to Gram Conversions
- Due to ingredient density, the number of grams in one cup varies depending on the content.
- 1 cup of flour is approximately 125g. In the case of sugar, 1 cup equals around 200g.
- Converting your recipe ingredients from cups to grams, or vice versa is easy using the data tables below.
- Consider weighing your materials in grams using a set of kitchen scales to ensure an accurate measurement.
- I’ve included conversion charts for commonly used ingredients to make things a little easier for you.
- Check back from time to time because I will add additional items as they become available.
- Please keep in mind that all weight conversions are estimates.
- Using the Universal standard cups as a guide, these are the basic measurements.
Standard Measurements ~ Cup to Gram Measurements
The most commonly mismeasured item is flour. Use the “spoon & level” method whether you’re using bread flour, cake flour, all-purpose flour, or any other flour on the market.
If you use your measuring cup to scoop the flour out of the container/bag, you can wind up with 50% more than you need.
Rather, scoop the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon. Do not pack the flour down and do not tap the measuring cup as both cause the flour to settle in the cup.
After spooning the flour into the measuring cup, level the top of the measuring cup with the back of a knife.
All-purpose flour ~ Cup to Gram Measurements
- 1/8 cup = 15 grams
- ¼ cup = 30.25 grams
- 1/3 cup = 40 grams
- ½ cup = 62.5 grams
- ¾ cup = 90 grams
- 1 cup = 125 grams
- 1 Milk cup flour = 85g
Butter/Margarine ~ Cup to Gram Measurements
- 1 stick butter = 8 tbsp
- 1/8 cup =30 grams
- ¼ cup =55 grams
- 1/3 cup =75 grams
- ½ cup =115 grams
- 2/3 cup =150 grams
- ¾ cup =170 grams
- 1 cup =225 grams
White granulated Sugar-Dark Brown Sugar ~ Cup to Gram Measurements
- 2 Tbsps. = 25 g
- ¼ cup = 50 g
- 1/3 cup = 67 g
- ½ cup = 100 g
- 2/3 cup = 134 g
- ¾ cup = 150 g
- 1 cup = 200 grams
- 1 Milk cup sugar = 120g
Other Cooking Converters ~
- Cups and ml
- Cups and ounces
- Grams and tablespoons
- Grams to teaspoons
- Ml and grams
- Ounces and ml
- Pounds and cups
- Quarts and cups
- Teaspoons to grams
- Teaspoons and mL
People also ask
How much is 1 cup of flour in grams?
Common Measurement Conversions for Baking
|1 cup flour||120 grams||4.2 oz|
|1 cup whole wheat flour||130 grams||4.6 oz|
|1 cup almond flour||112 grams||3.9 oz|
|1 cup whole milk||240 grams||8.6 oz|
|1 cup sour cream||240 grams||8.6 oz|
What does 1 cup mean in grams?
The number of grams in a cup differs depending upon the ingredient, because of ingredient density. For flour, 1 cup equates to around 125g. For sugar, 1 cup equates to around 200g. Make use the data tables above to assist you with converting your recipe ingredients from cups to grams, or vice-versa.
How do I convert cups to grams?
To convert one cup measurement to a gram measurement, simply multiply the volume by 236.588236 times the density of the ingredient or material. Hence, the volume in grams is equal to the cups multiplied by 236.588236 times the density of the ingredient or material.
Is 1 cup of flour 250g?
Simply convert between grams, cups, ounces and millilitres for many popular baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, butter and many more.
|WHITE FLOUR – GRAMS TO CUPS|
|100g||½ cup + 2 tbsp|
|250g||1½ cups + 1 tbsp|
What does 1 cup of flour weigh?
4 ¼ ounces
For best results, we advise weighing your ingredients with a digital scale. A cup of all-purpose flour weighs 4 1/4 ounces or 120 grams. The chart above is a quick reference for volume, ounces, and grams equivalencies for common ingredients.
What does 1 cup white sugar weigh?
As a rule, 1 cup of sugar weighs 200 grams
Who much is one cup?
8 fluid ounces
|Volume Equivalents (liquid)*|
|16 tablespoons||1 cup||8 fluid ounces|
|2 cups||1 pint||16 fluid ounces|
|2 pints||1 quart||32 fluid ounces|
|4 quarts||1 gallon||128 fluid ounces|
How can I measure 250g of flour without scales?
HOW DO I MEASURE FLOUR WITHOUT A SCALE?
- Firstly, use a spoon to fluff up the flour within the container.
- After that, use a spoon to scoop the flour into the measuring cup.
- Lastly, use a knife or other straight edged utensil to level the flour across the measuring cup.
How many grams is a cup of sugar?
How Many Grams Are in a Cup of Sugar? There are about 200 grams in a cup of sugar, which is why we use this value in the formula above. While professionals usually suggest measuring dry ingredients by weight since it’s more accurate, some recipes call for ingredients by volume and many of us do not have a scale when we need one.
How many grams is 4 cups flour?
|1/4 cup||34 g||1.2 oz|
|1/3 cup||45 g||1.6 oz|
|1/2 cup||68 g||2.4 oz|
|1 cup||136 g||4.8 oz|
How many grams is 1 cup in grams?
Common weight conversion from cup to grams
|5/8 cup||125 grams||4.41 oz|
|2/3 cup||133 grams||4.70 oz|
|¾ cup||150 grams||5.29 oz|
|1 cup||200 grams||7.1 oz|