Goron Tula fruit (Hausa) is sometimes referred to as Thespesia or Silky Kola. It is also known as tree hibiscus and snot apple in English. There is no Yoruba name for it at the moment.
Botanically identified as azanza garckeana, Goron tula origin in Nigeria is in Tula Kaltungo Local Government of Gombe State and in Michika of Adamawa State.
This tula fruit is sold in local markets in some African countries, for instance, Nigeria, Kenya, Botswana (Morojwa), Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe (Mutohwe).
Besides the fruit, the tree provides fodder for animals, timber for firewood, shade; soil conservation.
Also, the bark and roots are used for health purpose likewise The Goron Tula pulp and Goron Tula seed.
African snot apple is tested and trusted. Although there were books and research on Azanza Garckeana, but nobody ever took them seriously.
Hauwa @jaaruma_empire brought Goron Tula to the limelight and made it what it is today in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
She studied Azanza Garckeana for years, sent it out for trials in 36 states before finally releasing it formally to the general public.
Daily Trust also quoted a nutritionist, Miss Chidera Ezenwafor, as saying that Goron Tula is a miracle seed.
The nutritionist said the fruit could also assist in improving bowel movement and ease digestion.
Above all, sohealthyng.com brought this indigenous fruit to limelight in their article: https://sohealthyng.com/2019/05/23/11-health-benefits-of-goron-tula/
The potentials of Azanza garckeana fruit benefits cannot be over highlighted.
Goron Tula nut is mainly famous for curing fertility problems both for men and women.
Goron Tula and Fertility
African snot apple seeds have long been known for its aphrodisiac properties. Aphrodisiacs are foods that stimulate sexual desire, pleasure or performance.
Azanza fruit is rarely discussed; it is certainly not as common as other fruits like Pineapple or Watermelon. But my oh my, this fruit is so unique and i call it God’s Gift to Women!
Health Benefits of Goron Tula Seeds and Powder
- Firstly, it increases the female libido and improves the sperm quality of men!
- Secondly, it helps in the production of juicy, copious amounts of vagina wetness, perfect for those with dry vaginas.
- Thirdly, it aids in making the vagina walls clean due to the lubrication.
- Fourthly and most important, since it aids fertility, it is superb for those trying to conceive.
- Also, it is great for women who have menstruation problems.
- Finally, it is perfect for cleansing the vagina and while doing so, stops bad vagina odor.
There is nothing to lose by adding this wonder fruit to your diet as it has other good effects on your body which include:
- Prevent high blood pressure
- Cleanse your body system
- Prevent liver problems
- Cancer prevention
- Boost bowel movement
- Improve immune system
- Lowers blood sugar (for diabetes patients)
- Cures chest pains
- Good for weight loss
How to Use Goron Tula Seed
Goron tula seed uses include:
- Firstly, silky kola is a fruit that has sections and can easily be riven.
- Secondly, it produces gum like syrup that you can cook, soak in water, or use as honey before eating.
- Lastly, you can consume it raw or juice it.
How to Eat Goron Tula
- First, you can break the seed and chew it like gum.
- Similarly, you can eat the fruit raw when it ripe.
- Besides, you can mix the powder with pap, tea, and yogurt.
- You can soak the dry Goron tula in water or honey to make jelly or eat it like that
- Another method of consuming silky kola is by boiling it and relishing it into porridge
- Finally, you can mix it with other herbs to give a perfect result like Kayan mata: Goron tula horny syrup
How to Extract Goron Tula Juice/Syrub
- Firstly, wash the dry seed, eat whole while sucking the juice and then throw away the shaft.
- Secondly, you can soak few seeds in hot water, sieve when cool and drink the juice or use the juice in making smoothies
Like many herbal plants, Azanza garckeana has many medicinal uses and some after effect. The side effects can include:
Too much consumption can predispose you to cancer because it contains tannins. Tannic acid are water-soluble polyphenols that are present in many plant foods.
- Adverse Reaction
Fruits that are high in polyphenols as part of a healthy diet are harmless for most people.
However, people with medical conditions or certain food allergies may need to avoid certain poly phenol-rich foods like goron tula.
Even though polyphenols has many benefits, excessive usage may have adverse effects.
How Nutritious Is Goron Tula?
Tula kola nut has many uses. It is rich in anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, anti-malarial, anti-hyper- glycemic and in absorbing iron. This wonder fruit has great effects on your health with little or no side effects.
What Is The Work of Goron Tula?
Silky kola is one of the most potent and super-fast aphrodisiacs. It treats a lot of diseases but most commonly used for fertility issues.
What is African chewing gum?
Tula kola nut will give you glutinous sensation when you chew it directly. Because it is chewy and sweet you can also call it “African Chewing Gum” fruit.
Where to buy Goron tula/Snot apple – Azanza garckeana for sale?
You can buy African snot apple online or from local markets in Northern Nigeria. I have seen it at Ikorodu local market in Lagos, Port Harcourt and at Abuja too. The price is quite affordable.