Beans flour is flour made out of beans. It eliminates all the stress in preparation, saves time, energy and cost.
Beans whether pintos, garbanzos, black-eyed beans, kidney, navy, and lima beans are one of the most common and gluten-free versatile meals
it is loved by many while others just eat it for the high nutrient and benefits for health it carries. Beans are also affordable, easy to prepare and store.
The health benefits of beans are many: rich in fiber, boosts enzymes, regulates blood sugar level, improves the health of the heart, helps prevent cancer, reduces iron deficiency, contains protein, prevents birth defects among others.
Many a time, people get bored of eating the ordinarily beans porridge and wants a substitute.
Something which tastes different and also very nutritious, that’s when bean flour or powder, comes in.
Beans Flour Processing/Packaging Business
People are gradually drifting into flour-based food on account of the time it saves and also the long shelf life.
Bean flour production is among the most underutilized business ideas in Agriculture.
But Some Nigerian smart entrepreneurs like Ayoola Foods and Janeland Net-works Limited are keying into flour processing and changing the way people think about processed flour foods, much to their profits and customer satisfaction.
Flour-based food such as wheat flour, cassava flour, yam flour, potato flour, plantain flour, cocoyam flour, soy/soyabeans flour, and even beans flour can remain fresh for months if well preserved.
Homemade Beans Flour
It is also called beans powder and tastes way better than the store-bought brands. With homemade beans flour, there are no additives, just pure beans.
You can re moisten into beans paste for use in making a different variety of recipes such as snacks (moi-moi, akara).
You can also use this nutritious flour as a soup thickener, casseroles, side dishes, sauce, dips, and of course in baking.
It is becoming a saver especially when you are in a pinch for time.
It is also an excellent way to utilize dry beans and the whole process is so simple.
This post will teach you how to make beans flour with minimum effort at your home.
How to Make Beans Powder
There are two methods of processing beans into flour, which are with and without the outer skin.
Method A: To Make Beans Powder with the Outer Skin
- 5 cups Beans
Step By Step Guide
- Firstly, pour your beans in the large tray, pick out stones and unwanted particles.
- Secondly, sun-dry and take to a milling machine. It is advisable to use a heavy-duty machine to get fine flour or very good blenders.
- After that, sift the flour, to remove the chaff and other particles.
- Lastly, pour the flour to a bucket with a tight lid and store at room temperature.
Method B: To Make Beans Powder without the Outer Skin
- Firstly, wash and the peel skin off the beans by hand, with the food processor or blender.
Please Read: How to Peel Beans with Hands
- Secondly, spread the cleaned beans in the sun or very airy place in a single layer.
- Then, stir around occasionally, this is to make sure that every part of the beans receives air and sun, especially at the early stage.
- The time required to get beans dry highly depends on the humidity of the place.
Alternatively, you can spread the cleaned beans on a baking sheet and dry in the oven at about 175 F.
- After that, take the dried beans to the market for grinding. Just like the okpa (Bambara groundnuts) dry beans require industrial-grade grinders to turn it into a smooth powder.
- Lastly, allow cooling before sealing it in an airtight container and storing it in the fridge or at room temperature.