Carrot puff puff also called Carrot Soufflé is almost the same as your popular puff puff snack. The difference is the addition of carrots and removal of yeast.
Best to prepare if you are craving a salivating sweet treat. Even kids and adults who are not fans of cooked carrots like its smooth, light consistency.
You can reduce the sugar to half if you wish; carrots are naturally sweet.
Apart from being naturally sweet, carrots contain a lot of health benefits which include:
- Firstly, they are good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants.
- Above all, carrots are weight-loss-friendly food and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels, improved eye health and much more.
Carrot Puff Puff balls Recipe
They are extremely easy to make and will swiftly become a family’s favorite and possibly replace the real deal. Check it out!
- 3 large carrots
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large Egg
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg/cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Firstly put your diced carrots (washed and scraped) in a blender, add milk, egg, sugar and then blend till smooth
- After that, pour the mixture in a bowl and add ground nutmeg, baking powder, salt and finally flour. Mix thoroughly. The mix should be much thicker than the pancake batter
- Thirdly, pour some oil in a deep pot and allow heating up. Then, scoop some batter into the oil with your hand by pressing the batter to come out from between your thumb and index finger.
- Similarly, you can use a scooping spoon to easily achieve the same result.
- Then, put in more scoops of the batter, as much as the space in the frying pot will allow without overcrowding.
- Flip the ball so that the topside will be fried as well, once the underside of the carrot puff puff has turned golden brown,
- Lastly, when the two sides are golden brown, take out the puff puff balls and place in a sieve. Line the sieve with paper towels to soak away the excess oil.
That’s it. Your Nigerian carrot Puff Puff balls are ready.