Moringa Oleifera: Benefits, Uses, Moringa Seed Powder & Tea, Side Effects
- The Moringa Oleifera: A review on nutritive importance and its medicinal application
The Moringa plant grows wild in India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan.
It’s also found in tropical areas as well, and it’s high in beneficial antioxidants and bioactive plant components.
Because of its therapeutic characteristics and health advantages, it has been utilized for millennia.
Its anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, and antifungal activities are also present.
Table of Contents
Moringa oleifera is a drought-resistant tree native to the Indian subcontinent, belonging to the Moringaceae family.
It can be planted in pure stands or mixed with a variety of other tree species, including Leucaena.
Why is Moringa Called a Miracle Tree
Moringa oleifera is known as the “Miracle Tree” since all of its parts are useful for medicinal and nutritional purposes.
Drumstick tree, horseradish tree, and ben oil tree or benzolive tree are some of its other names.
What is Moringa Good For?
Moringa Oleifera, when taken by mouth is used to treat anemia, constipation, menopause symptoms, asthma, diabetes, and other joint pains.
It can also help with high blood pressure, heart difficulties, diarrhea, cancer, thyroid disorders, arthritis, kidney stones, seizures, stomach, and intestinal ulcers,
Moringa Oleifera Seeds Benefits
1. Moringa seeds are high in zinc and can help control blood sugar levels
2. It decreases cholesterol
3. It also promotes healthy skin.
4. Moringa seeds are abundant in fiber and antioxidants
5. They help to relieve joint pain.
6. They’re an excellent source of iron.
7. They have the ability to inhibit cancer cells from growing and developing.
8. It helps to keep your heart healthy.
Moringa Leaf Benefits
Moringa leaves are high in antioxidants, which protect cells from harm and may help to enhance the immune system.
It also contains calcium, protein, iron, and amino acids, all of which aid in the healing and muscle-building processes.
Its leaves contain fifteen times the potassium of bananas and seven times the vitamin C of oranges.
To get a good night’s sleep, steep Moringa leaves in hot water for 15 minutes and drink before going to bed.
It assists you in falling asleep at night, allowing you to wake up refreshed.
Moringa Oleifera Pod
The seeds of moringa tree pods are quite like green beans.
The seed pods can be eaten in the same way that green beans are. They’re tasty and can be eaten fresh off the tree.
They are not only sweet but they can also be cooked and eaten like any other vegetable.
Moringa powder can be used to protect tissue related to the kidney, lungs, liver, and heart.
The antioxidants protect cells from free radicals while also reducing pain.
Plant-based antioxidants, such as Moringa powder, are thought to be the best.
How to Make Moringa Powder for Hair, skin, and health
- Firstly, cutting your moringa tree down to size ·
- Secondly, collect the moringa leaves
- Thirdly, prepare for drying
- Fourthly, collect the dried moringa leaves
- After that blend
- Then, strain and refine
- Lastly, store it, eat it, drink it, share it, sell it
Moringa Powder Dosage
Moringa powder should be consumed for three to five days, gradually increasing your intake. The daily intake should be kept to a limit of 70 grams.
It is suggested that you consume ½ teaspoon of Moringa powder with water every day, especially at breakfast.
Moringa powder is safe.
The Moringa Powder Dosage for Weight Loss
Moringa powder has been recommended as a weight-loss aid. It has been shown in test tubes to inhibit fat accumulation and increase fat decomposition.
One such study put 50 overweight people on a similar diet and activity program.
Participants who took a 900mg supplement comprising moringa, turmeric, and curry lost 10.6 pounds.
Moringa Oleifera aids weight loss in the following ways:
- Reduces hunger
- Speeds up the metabolism
- Assist with water retention
- Reduces the feeling of bloating
How To Make Moringa Oil from the seed
- Firstly, remove the seeds from their pods before removing the brown outer shell. You can use a mortar and pestle or your hands to break them free from their shell.
- Secondly, roast the seeds in a skillet until they are dark brown. The flimsy outer shell will not change color.
- Meanwhile, to verify if one of the seeds is developing the right dark brown coloration cut one in half.
- Then, to completely chop the seeds, place them in a blender. The crushed seeds are then added to a kettle of boiling water.
- After that, wait for the oil to rise to the surface after bringing the water to a boil.
- Then, allow the water to simmer for another 20 minutes once it becomes evident that oil is rising to the surface.
- Now it’s time to collect the Moringa oil from the seeds by skimming the water’s surface.
- Allow cooling before storing it in the refrigerator. The oil should separate from the water and coagulate.
- Lastly, remove the oil and store it in a clean glass bottle once more.
Now it’s time to put your Moringa Oleifera oil to work!
Moringa Flower Benefits
- The flowers, leaves, seeds, pods, bark, and roots are all dietary components of the Moringa tree.
- It has been found to decrease inflammation by a method that is distinct from that of other plant parts.
- Moringa flower extract aids the liver in fighting hazardous substances ingested into the body.
- It also aids in the production of milk for breastfeeding mothers.
You’ll need dried Moringa leaves and properly boiled water to brew Moringa tea.
For each cup of water, use around 1 loose leaf. Soak for 5 minutes in water, then strain and drink.
If desired, the sweetness can be added.
Moringa Benefits for Men
- Prostate cancer may be prevented.
- It also helps with fertility.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) can be treated in a variety of ways.
- It keeps your blood sugar in check.
Moringa Oleifera Benefits for Menopause
Menopause is a normal period in women’s life that occurs about a year after their menstrual cycle has ended.
This transition usually occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55.
Moringa Health Benefits for Menopause
1. It protects against oxidative stress.
2. Reduces tiredness
3. Assist in the long-term upkeep of strength and stamina
4. Osteoporosis prevention
5. It also enhances sleep and can reduce insomnia.
Health Benefits of Moringa
- What Moringa can cure?
Stomach diseases, including constipation, gastritis, and ulcerative colitis benefit from moringa extracts.
Moringa’s antibiotic and antibacterial characteristics may aid in the prevention of pathogen growth, and its high vitamin B concentration aid digestion.
OtherMoringa Oleifera benefits include:
- Skin and hair nourishment
- Edema treatment
- Keeping the liver healthy
- It boosts eye health
- Keeping the cardiovascular system health
- Cancer prevention and treatment
- Taking care of gastrointestinal problems
- Defending against bacterial infections
- Aids in the healing of wounds
- Making your bones stronger
- Helps with mood disorders
What Are the Side Effects of Taking Moringa? Is it safe to take Moringa daily?
- Excessive consumption upsets the stomach.
- The plant’s alkaloids reduce blood pressure and decelerate the pulse rate.
- Moringa bark ingestion causes uterine contractions.
- Obstacles to reproduction
- Due to its laxative characteristics, it also causes diarrhea.
- A compound extracted from roasted Moringa seeds might trigger cell mutations.