Slow cooker home-style chicken and vegetables recipe is the easiest one-pot recipe ever.
Simply throw everything in and that’s it! No cooking, no sautéing. So easy!
This one-pot slow cooker meal has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion for my family.
Rain or shine, dry or wet season, slow cookers also called crockpot are meant to be used 365 days of the year.
Uses/Benefits of Using a Slow Cooker
- Firstly, having a meal at home in the slow cooker removes the enticement to order take-out which is often less nourishing and more costly
- Secondly, slow cookers allow one-step preparation. Placing all the ingredients in the slow cooker saves preparation time and cuts down on cleanup.
- Thirdly, slow cookers are useful throughout the year. They do not heat the kitchen the way an oven might.
- Fourthly, as a result of the long, low-temperature cooking, slow cookers help tenderize less-expensive cuts of meat.
- It brings out the flavor in foods. A wide variety of foods can be cooked in a slow cooker, including one-pot meals, soups, stews, and casseroles.
- Above all, a slow cooker saves money by using less electricity than an oven.
Recipe for chicken and vegetables
A simple ingredient makes this simple easy slow cooker chicken dish just delicious.
The recipe calls for bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, especially if you decide to broil the chicken at the very end to help crisp up the skin.
But this is an optional step so if you decide to avoid this step, it is best to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts).
You can’t go wrong either way!
- 1 ¾ lb. uncooked thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ pound baby carrots (the thicker kind) or whole peeled carrots
- 1 lb. fresh green bean
- One tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ lb. red potatoes
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. crushed rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Firstly, prepare the chicken by cutting into bite-size pieces and removing the excess fat. Then, add to the slow cooker.
Optional: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- After that, prepare the vegetables by firstly, washing the green beans and trimming off the ends. Cut them in half.
- Then, wash the potatoes and cut in half (for firmer) or in quarters (for soft). Add all the vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Fourthly, sprinkle in the salt, garlic powder, rosemary, onion powder, and pepper, paprika and olive oil. Use a large spoon to mix the seasonings thoroughly.
- Finally, cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Remove lid, stir and scoop onto dishes and enjoy.