Ginger Garlic Honey Chicken is a simple chicken thigh recipe cooked in a delicious honey ginger garlic sauce. A healthier dinner option that will have everyone fighting for the last piece!
This recipe calls for bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. This helps to crisp up the skin if you decide to broil the chicken.
Please Read: Easy Orange Chicken Recipe – From Scratch
Though optional but if you decide to skip this, it is best to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
Ginger Garlic Chicken Recipe
Honey Garlic Chicken stir fry is easy to make from scratch. It’s one of my favorite ways to cook chicken thighs! Some people prepare it using crock pot or slow cooker.
- 4 Medium-Large chicken legs
- 2 tbsps of honey
- 1 inch of fresh ginger minced
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 packet of any bouillon
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tsps of olive or coconut oil
- Firstly, wash and pat chicken dry.
- Secondly, season the chicken with only salt and set aside for 1-2 hours
- Thirdly, blend the ginger/garlic with the oil. Then in a bowl, mix with the pepper, bouillon, and honey
- After that, combine the sauce ingredients in a small pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes
- Then, fire up your grill or preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Carefully brush the chicken legs with the sauce. (Save the rest of the mix for basting)
- Place the chicken legs into an oven tray and bake for about 30 -35 mins; making sure to baste with the garlic sauce in between.
- Finally, baste again once the chicken is fully cooked and golden brown. Remove from the oven, allow the chicken to cool; then serve.
Very Easy Isn’t It? Like ABC!