Lemon garlic butter sauce is very easy and quick to make. This mouth-watering 5-ingredient lemon garlic butter sauce takes just minutes to whip together and tastes amazing.
How to Use Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
Some have used it to coat a whole salmon before baking; some combined with pasta, added to a seafood dish, then baked in the oven.
While others use the creamy sauce for pouring on steak with asparagus and mushrooms, chicken, the uses are endless!
The consistency should be runny, but thick enough to cling to the food with a light coating.
Preservation: Just freeze in the refrigerator until you need it, and reheat on the stovetop or heat in the microwave for a few seconds until it loosens and warms up.
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe – How to Make
Ingredients in Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce
You can’t have a Garlic Butter Sauce without butter. The butter makes up more than 90% of this recipe; therefore it’s good you pick butter that tastes delicious.
- Fresh Garlic
Apart from the butter, garlic is vital. Fresh garlic always tastes better.
- Garlic Powder
Yes, you’ll want some of this, too. Garlic powder has a super strong garlic flavor and tastes different from fresh garlic.
- Fresh Lemon Juice
Add salt, but keep in mind that the dish you will be serving with your Garlic Butter Sauce already has salt.
The parsley is optional, but I always like to add a little freshness to mine.
- Firstly, melt the butter in a pan on medium-low heat and reduce to low once fully melted.
- Secondly, while the butter is melting you can prepare your fresh garlic. Depending on your personal taste and preference, you may chop, mince, or grate your garlic.
- Thirdly, when all of the butter is melted, place the garlic into the pan to cook just until tender
- After that, you’ll notice foam rising to the top of the butter; just skim the milk solids for a nice and clear sauce like you’d make clarified butter.
- Lastly, once the garlic is softened, squeeze in lemon juice; add parsley (optional) and garlic powder, and then salt to taste.